Saturday, August 31, 2013

Italia Part I: Roma

This is a way belated post about my first trip to Europe back in Sept 2012. I was so excited as Italy was the one country I wanted to visit the most out of all the countries in the world. Since I went with my mom, we went on a tour so we did not really get to visit a lot of places as it was a fixed itinerary.

Our flight had a transit at Dubai. I forgot how many hours was the flight but it was super long and tiring. 



We arrived at night so there wasn't much to see on the first day other than how Rome looks like at night. We stayed at Blu Radisson Hotel, near the train station. It was a really nice hotel but we had problems with the air-conditioner on the first day.


Our first stop of the day was of course the majestic Colosseum (Colosseo) where gladiators used to fight in the ancient days. Seeing it upclose was surreal as you see it so often in movies and all.





The inside of Colosseum was even more awesome than I imagined. I only wished I could have seen it in its original form, rather than its ruins lol.


Nearby the Colosseum was the Arco Di Constatino. There were many beautiful reliefs scuplted in its design to commemorate the victory of Emperor Constatine.


Finally, our first Italian meal was pizza at a pizzeria called La Baia. Italians usually have a basic 3-course meal that you have to abide to when ordering. The first course is called antipasto which is basically appetizer, literally means "before the meal".


Next course is primo and/or secondi which is the main course, usually we were served either pasta or meat and veggies. At La Baia, we had pork loin.


Lastly is dolce or sweet stuff, the dessert. We had some nice gelato ice-cream great for hot weather.


The next destination was to Fontana Di Trevi, way too famous to even describe. I hope I did the customary "throwing coins into the fountain" right so I can come back to Rome again as I really fell in love with the city.


Nearby the fountain are the famous gellaterias. There were so many flavors but we heard Pistachio is the best so we had that. My mouth waters just thinking about it.



Our last attraction in Rome was to the Spanish Steps or also known as Piazza di Spagna.


We actually went there to do some shopping and the place was massively over-crowded.


Just a glimpse of our room at Radisson Blu. Small but comfy beds.

Next post: Vatican City

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)