DAY 1: ARRIVE AT TOKYO
- Took an airport limousine from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku
- Purchase Tokyo Metro Open Pass (980 yen)
- Check in to Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku
- Exchange our JR Pass at Shinjuku Station
|Exchange JR pass at Shinjuku Station|
#2: Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office: Amazing view of Tokyo from both North and South observatories for free :)
|View of Tokyo|
#4: Tokyo Tower: View of Tokyo at night for 820 yen.
DAY 2: EXPLORING TOKYO
#5: Tsukiji Market: Queued for 3 hours to eat sushi at Sushi Dai. Best and freshest sushi ever.
#6: Asakusa Sensoji Temple and Nakamise Dori: Famous temple and its shopping street.
#7: Odaiba: Paid 620 yen to take the Yurikamome Line to Odaiba and had a night view of Rainbow bridge.
DAY 3: FUJI AND HAKONE
- Took a 1 day tour from Japanican.com to bring us to Mt Fuji and Hakone.
- We departed by bus from Washington Hotel Shinjuku.
DAY 4: FROM HAKONE TO KYOTO
- Took a shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto from Odawara Station using our JR Pass
- Arrived at Kyoto Station and then took JR Nara train to Fushimi Inari.
#11: Kyoto Station: Worth visiting for its numerous shops and nearby underground malls.
#12: Gion District: To spot geishas and to see Kyoto at night.
DAY 5: TOURING KYOTO
- Bought the 1 day bus pass from Kyoto Station for unlimited rides on Kyoto Buses.
#14: Kinkaku-ji: Also known as The Golden Pavilion, amazing scenery.
DAY 6: FROM KYOTO TO TOKYO
- Visited one last place at Kyoto before taking our shinkansen back to Tokyo.
- Check in to Shibuya Granbell Hotel for our last night at Tokyo.
#17: Meiji Jingu Shrine: Returned to Tokyo and visted the shrine dedicated to First Emperor of Modern Japan.
#18: Shibuya: Visited Hachiko dog statue and Shibuya crossing nearby Shibuya Station. Spend our last night shopping at Shibuya 109 mall, the 5-storeys H&M as well as Forever 21. Also had our Starbucks at Tsutaya building overlooking Shibuya Crossing.
#19:Tokyo Station: Had our transit here en route to Disneyland via JR Keiyo Line.
#21: Akihabara: Did some shopping for all kinds of electronic gadgets and products.
- Spend the rest of the day doing last minute shopping at Shibuya and Harajuku before taking the airport limousine to Haneda Airport for our flight back to KL.
BACK TO KL
- With numerous buys, photos and memories. Japan was awesome!