Monday, September 15, 2014

Insta-July & Insta-August

If you didn't know by now, I am pretty much an Instagram addict.Whenever I have any free time on my phone, the first app I automatically open is Instagram.

July was a pretty quiet month but surprisingly August was pretty exciting.

I started my insta-journey of July with a very busy Sunday. Busy meaning I did my oncall that day from morning till afternoon. It didn't help the fact that it was eve of Hari Raya so it was exceptionally busy that morning. After that, I got treated to lunch by a nice friend after we both finished our oncall. Straight after lunch, headed to pick up Clara before we headed to Mid Valley where we had Nana's Green Tea ice-cream (yum!). Dinner was another treat by Clara (thanks!). We didn't stay long after dinner because I had to rushed to Phon's house to join the BFClassmates for dinner / supper. It was awesome too, with barbecued ribs, chips and of course, alcohol. What an ironic way to celebrate the night eve of Raya - with pork and alcohol.

Nana's Green Tea with all its wonderful layers

In the beginning of July, we had a few farewells. Due to the second reshuffling between Pharmacy departments, we had to bid farewell to Adelin, Shafnah and Safawati. We also said goodbye to our wonderful PRP floaters Rasveena and Haslina who finally got the places they wanted for their posting after their respective appeals.




In August, we also had to bid farewell to Wan Yee. She came after the reshuffle but resigned just shortly after one month. I had known her since our PRP year, so it was sad to see her leave as well :( I went for both dinners - one with my OPD colleagues @ Surawon PV128, and the other with HKL PRPs turned HKL FRPs @ Ben's KLCC.

I also enjoyed more wonderful celebrations in these 2 months. First off, we celebrated Yon's birthday at Uncle Jang's Platinum Walk Setapak. It was a really good dinner, followed by some sweet desserts hehe:D She is the youngest PF in OPD, and coincidentally her bf is also my former classmate in Form 6. What a small world ;P

In mid-August, another beautiful celebration is the wedding of one of my oldest friends from primary school. We were schoolmates all throughout primary school up until Form 2 when I transferred schools. We actually lost contact for many years until about a year ago when we all started to have gatherings together. So I was honoured that I was invited for her wedding as well as the pre-wedding celebration - the bachelorette hen's night.

We started off with dinner at Acme Bar & Coffee. We got so lost looking for the place that we actually had a really late dinner lol.

After that, the party headed to Skybar at Traders Hotel. We made her wear the veil and sash, suprised her with a Homer Simpson cake and forced her to shake her booty on the dance floor. It was a very tiring but awesome night.

The gang @ Traders Skybar

And then came the wedding. In the morning, it was a beautiful church ceremony and dinner was at Tropicana Clubhouse. The bride looks beautiful and it was so touching to see her so happy with her husband. Congratulations #edsteph! And it was so great to meet all these beautiful girls again, especially with one in Sabah, one in Kedah and one always flying due to her job.

In mid-August, Korea Tourism Organization in Malaysia organized the K-Festival at Pavilion KL. Clara and I were excited to go and see what Korea has to offer us. We went on the last day of the festival, but the crowds were still there.
The best thing about the festival? Everything was free! We had a free hanbok photoshoot, which was my favourite. Then there were the free food, free tea and free performances. It was too bad we couldn't stay to watch the Kpop cover group competition, wasn't something that Clara was into so we finally left to have our late lunch.


Our lunch was at a new place in Pavilion, called Cafe De Paris. It has a very Parisian cafe atmosphere around the place. Food was okay, the dessert was definitely thumbs-up! But kinda pricey.

Btw, since Clara came to KL, I have had the opportunity to try many popular coffee joints. Perfect for a coffee addict like me. I have tried to reduce the caffeine now that I am older now. But the beautiful aroma of coffee never fail to entice me. Out of all these places above, Coffee Societe is so far my favourite :)

From clockwise (L-R): Coffee Societe, Publika; Acme Bar & Coffee, Troika KLCC; Cafe De Paris, Pavilion KL; Ben's KLCC

Finally on eve of Merdeka Day, BFClassmates had a small potluck gathering at Tsu Wern's. It has been a long time since we saw her since she is working in Singapore. Food was awesome as usual, and plenty. But most importantly, the company was even more awesome. It is surprising to me that although we have all known each other for 9 years, we still have so much things to converse about. From serious issues to real lame stuff (from the boys, expectedly).

Suzane visited me in KL during first week of Sept. But I will leave it for Insta-Sept. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss FIona... I miss u so much..

From Haslina (PRP)

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)