Monday, January 26, 2009

bangkok trip: part II # a summary by me

I just realized maybe there are not going to have that many people having a joyous CNY this year, what with the demise of a few blogger's relatives. Denise's grandpa, Mel's grandpa, and even my Grand Uncle passed away end of last year. Many thoughts go out to them...
________________________

I have been to Hat Yai and Songkhla when I was 15, but never to Bangkok. So when LiLing approached me to go to Bangkok on a shopping trip, I was ecstatic! It was a combination of two things I love: shopping and travelling!

But it was not without many disruptions. For one, we kept postponing the trip due to the chaos happening in the Thai capital. But finally, we managed to booked tickets for a flight on 27th November. Just one day before, however, we found out that protesters had stormed the airport and all flights were cancelled.

Also, it was very hard persuading my Mom to let me go. I guess, she figured that four girls in a foreign country which is having protests every other day is just not very good odds.

But finally, on Christmas day, 25th December 2008, we landed in Bangkok safe and sound.

We spend 4 days and 3 nights there shopping, trying local foods and really just absorbing the Thai environment. I was so used to listening to broken English and everyone speaking alien language that even when I came back to Malaysia, I was still expecting to hear more Thai.

One thing I can say about Bangkok is that it is so over-populated. There are always so many people, cars and tuk-tuks wherever we go. Also, I noticed there are a lot of very fashionable ladies there. Even the schoolgirls were dressed to the nines in their uniforms! And I have never seen so many fake LVs around like I have seen in Bangkok.

Suvarnabumi airport, the very scene of the place that made Bangkok lose millions because of protesters and the place that they HAVE to target causing our flight to be cancelled

Waiyin, LiLing and Pearl, my travelling companions

We are here! Finally!

The blogger on day one arriving

We took an expensive cab from airport to hotel...the first thing I saw that made me realized we are in Bangkok!

Bangkok Day vs Night...still traffic jam all the way

Our first night was at First Hotel (wahhh...so many "firsts")

Cam-whoring in our hotel room in Baiyoke Boutique

Departing for home with triple the luggages we arrive in

The sunset aboard the airplane

1 comment:

The Malaysian Explorer said...

Thanks for sharing your trip to Bangkok. Mine's here

Visit Bangkok Page for quick facts and interesting information about Bangkok.

Visit Malaysia Facts
for quick facts and interesting information about Malaysia.

Visit About ME Page
for quick facts and interesting information about The Malaysian Explorer.

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)