Saturday, January 17, 2009

the legend 2009 ~ course nite

Ya, yah I know I haven't updated in like, 17 days...can you blame me? Had tonnes of things to do, plus I didn't go home during last weekend...die lar, my notes yg bertimbun-timbun gunung kinabalu and never-ending assignments...
why why why?
____________________________________

Last Saturday, 10th January 2009, was the very-much anticipated Pharmacy Course Nite, only for Chinese Pharmacy students. This year, I decided to go frugal. Borrowed my roommate's dress and bolero. Hair and make-up are all DIY, thanks to my lovely housemates and roommates.
So here are all pics taken that day:

the juniors came to our place at Plaza Prima to gather before going to the bus stop, the last pic is myself with my awesome roommates, Suz M and BB


in the bus on the way to our venue

Clockwise - myself and weiwei; both carolyns; janice & tzeim; szewei & hueypin

Our theme this year is "The Legend 2009" and the programs that night is centered on an awards presentation ceremony, with awards like 'Most friendly', 'Most cutest', 'Most sampat' given to our graduating 4th year seniors. The whole event is organized by our 3rd-year seniors, which I must congratulate on doing a great job this year. It is held at Cititel Hotel, right next to MidValley.

US SEVEN GIRLS TOGETHER

these six girls are my closest friends here in UKM, apart from my roommates, so there are going to be quite a lot of their pics from hereafters

first pic, left to right: meichieng, me, weiwei, tzeim, jiaying, janice and aili


clockwise, from left: janice, carolyn1@aili, tzeim@sherlyn, weiwei@clara, carolyn2@jiaying



first pic: the 3 eggplants - clara, me, aili

MY BUDDY LINE

In UKM, it has always been a tradition to have a buddy line, like a small support group.


my big buddy, 3rd year Cherh Yun


my 1st year small buddy, Chye Teck and in the last pic, the one in black is 4th year grandbuddy, Eng Wee...I am the only girl in my buddy line

AND SO LET THE SHOWS BEGIN


the event started with dance routine from my coursemates, suetyin & sinwei, followed by the grand entrance of our VIPs, the 4th years in an a la red carpet ceremony with flashing lightbulbs and spotlights included



since it was going to be my last year performing, decided to do something different by participating in dance routine

first pic, left to right: members of the dance troupe - zhiyun (she had the dual role of singing as well), aunni, pohling, tzeim, meichieng, me


the other 2nd years acted in an MV for the song called "Legend". I think they did a splendid job because it was difficult to act without saying anything



the dancing group were divided into three smaller groups - the first to perform is "Wan Ku", lead by the singing of Kah Hang


the 2nd group - "Gu Dan Ballet" lead by WeiPing


And finally my group - "Ai De Zhu Da Ge" lead by Zhi Yun



I especially enjoyed the "free dance" program held at the very end of the night. My 3rd year seniors are all such great dancers...LOL; Of course, what is a course night without the crowning of a fac king and fac queen? 4th-years seniors Yuan Hui & Zhao Wei took the honours this year.

PHARMACY 2ND-YEARS - MY COURSEMATES



the very pretty and lovely WaiKuan

my very funny friend, Kah Hang...lol..I like how these pics reflect our costume changes that night


clockwise, from left: liejin; kweesze; yanxia; aunni

the other 6 girls from my gang malas to repeat names again...lol


clockwise, from left: hueypin; group leader zhiyun; mayyin; yongxin and terevdickxon


clockwise, from left: yusiang; wenbin; english-eds girls janice, me, carrie; shiaumei


clockwise, from left: szewei, yanying, jianncherng, stephanie & liejin

clockwise, from left: gimhui; boonyan; chinyew; sinwei & suetyin

MY JUNIORS - FIRST-YEARS


clockwise, from left: weiwei's little buddy, ooitche; silver-haired junior rep jingjoo; tzeim's little buddy banlim; other junior guys - teckpeng, chormeng, wangting, soonjin, chyeteck

GROUP PHOTOS

first pic, from left: janice, 1st-year wangting, 2nd-year yingxiang, moi

second pic, from left: aunni, clara, janice, aili, zhiyun, peicin, sherlyn, jiaying, jane, me, hueypin, waikuan, muiwen


it is funny because in pharmacy, there are so few guys that everytime the boys will get mobbed by girls to take pics with


almost all the 2nd-years


Finally it is time to say goodbye and bid farewell to this year's fun course nite...juniors ooitche, chyeteck and banlim stay overnight at the plaza with weiwei and me because it was too late to return to their hostel.

Hopefully next year when it is our turn to play hosts, we will do a good job as well.

5 comments:

Clara Sia said...

yo! baybeh!~ finally can read ur blog again.. u so bad la!~ put the last pic.. menjatuhkan imej I..

FIFIONA said...

yo wassup baybeh...where got lar baybeh...looks cute mah...dun miss me to much ya baybeh;)

Anonymous said...

2 baybehs~~~
whazzup~~?

clara ,the best photo is always at the bottom 1~~ sedimentation~~~hahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah,fiona...i lik all photos tat u put...esp the performance photos...lol

FIFIONA said...

thanks~ I hope u had a great time too~

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)