Thursday, January 14, 2010

day 3: HK disneyland

With my proposal presentation day beckoning, I am feeling much stress now as I am still halfway through. Also, the upcoming mid-semester exams is also dampening my mood. Yes, my exams finish just right before Chinese New Year…

Lately, the song “According to You” by Orianthi has been ringing in my head.

**********************

This is my last post on my trip to Hong Kong last holidays. My next travel post will be my Christmas trip to Singapore. But I dunno if I will have any time to do that post.

b5

After so long, I have finally fulfilled my childhood wish of visiting Disneyland!!! My Mom has been to the Tokyo one before, which she said, is very much bigger than the Hong Kong one.

b6

At the entrance to Disneyland. The building in the background is actually the train station.

b14

The first place that greeted us is Main Street, U.S.A.

I absolutely love the design of the buildings and the streets. Reminds me of those old vintage movies and cartoons I used to watch. Since it was almost December, the place is all decked out in Christmas decorations.

hk10album1

I love the buildings and their old-fashioned signs. I actually walked down the main street and snapped photos of every building I see. Kekeke.

b7

The 2nd one is FantasyLand. No one can ever miss the chance to take pic with the legendary Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle.

album4b8

In Fantasyland, we watch a 3D show (which was so cute) and took a ride at “It’s a Small World”.

album5 album7    

The ride is divided into regions of the world, i.e. North America, Europe, Asia, etc. And in each region, there are miniatures with their respective countries’ cultures.

b9

South America, with the famous Amazon rainforest.

 b10hk9

Mexico and Switzerland (i think?) Are they not just so cute?

b11

I think this was Alaska/Greenland. Looks like Winter Wonderland to me

b12

Mini Christmas Carol Choir ;)

b13

Besides Main Street and Fantasyland, there is also Tomorrowland with their futuristic theme.

album2 

Finally, there is Adventureland with the jungle theme.

b15

I love the Christmas Parade. There were tonnes of people there so it was difficult to get a good shot.

b16 b17

d8 b18

Each parade car represented a different cartoon character. There were Chip N Dale, Ariel the Little Mermaid, Disney Princesses and also Toy Story.

The finale is the parade containing all of Disney’s most famous and lovable characters.

b19

There are also booths where you can lined up to take photo with your favourite characters. I took with Mickey, Goofy and Pluto. I wanted to take with Winnie the Pooh too but there were too many people lining up. Above pic is Belle from Beauty and the Beast taking pics with some cute visitors.

d1

At night, they even had artificial snow. Kekeke. I kinda like it but it became troublesome when it started landing on our food.

d2

The last event of the night was to watch the lovely fireworks display coming from Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. Does it not look so beautiful at night all lighted up like that?

d3 d4 d5

The fireworks show was amazing and beautiful. I even took videos of it. Must cost a bomb for all those fireworks.

d6  

It was time to leave. So I took one last pic with the ginormous Christmas tree at the town square.

Honestly, HK Disneyland is kind of small to my expectations so we managed to finish touring the whole place pretty fast. It was also a busy day, with many visitors so Mom and I did not get on a lot of rides since it was pretty tiring just lining up for the rides.

My favourite theme park would still be Yongin Everland in South Korea. I did not manage to finish touring the place. Wished I can go there again, when it is snowing there. That would be so simply awesome.

d7    

For dinner, we ate at shops near our hotel. Typical Hong Kong shop just like in the dramas. We had chee cheong fun and pork innards porridge.


No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)