Saturday, January 09, 2010

day 3: avenue of the stars

I have not been watching as much movies as my roommates…so far the 2 latest movies I have watched is “ZOMBIELAND” and “SHERLOCK HOLMES”.

**************************

In Hong Kong, we stayed at this hotel called, REGAL RIVERSIDE hotel. It is a pretty small twin bed room but very clean and even has a plasma TV. Best thing is they had KBS World channel. So I was able to watch a few Korean shows even when I was in Hong Kong.

a23

In Hong Kong, we always had dim sum for breakfast. We did not have the conventional hotel breakfast buffet. I think this is more refreshing. Walking to a nearby restaurant for breakfast makes one feel more like a local.

The dim sum is also not bad but since we had a lot of people, we had to go for quantity so we did not have much variety in our dim sum. The dumplings and char siew pau were really good, though.

a24

Taken from the bus. The brown building is actually a Hong Kong University. I forgot the name, I think it was something to do with technology or engineering. You can see there are lots of cars. Most of the time, we are caught in traffic jam.

b4

We went to a shop nearby. One thing I absolutely hate about tours is this: they bring us to these jade, ginseng, etc. shops. What a waste of time because Mom and I are not interested in buying these stuff. So all we do is loiter around the shop. I really hate these.

a25

Our next stop is to AVENUE OF THE STARS, it is like a HK version of Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, USA. Instead of Hollywood stars, they had Hong Kong celebrities’ stars.

I love the scenery in Hong Kong.

b1

Love this photo. It was so amazing being able to take in this view.

hk1

All about showbiz here ;)

b2

Me with Andy Lau’s star and handprints…

hk3 hk4 hk5 hk6 hk7 hk8 b3 hk2

Some of the famous stars that I managed to take snapshots of: Sei Tai Tin Wong - Aaron Kwok, Leon Lai and Jacky Cheung. Also Tony Leung and wife, Carina Lau. And Maggie Cheung

After this will be my last HK post on Disneyland…


No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)