Friday, April 17, 2009

3 more days for finals: Kris Allen rocked it out with his rendition on american idol

Nuffnang's blogger for the month of April is this really creative guy called Jian that draws out cartoons to express himself. Do check out his blog *here*. I have also linked him on my sidebar
_______________________________________


I must say, this season 8 of American Idol is not so bad, after all.
Unlike last year when it was really boring. Only during the Top 4 or 5 it started picking up pace.

Last week, I absolutely enjoyed Adam's rendition of "Mad World". It is so cool that he picked such an obscure song and sang his own version of it.

Anyway, this week I really liked Anoop's performance. I thought his version of Bryan Adam's classic, "Everything I Do (I Do it For You)" was very good. Although his vocals isn't amazing, I like the fact that he made the song to suit his voice, rather than forcing himself like Matt did. Poor Matt, he was so great until he reached the last few notes. Ouch, it pains my ears just to hear his voice cracked like that.

One great thing about AI is I get to listen to some songs that I have never listened before. Most of the time, the songs don't really appeal to me, but a few, I feel, are gems and worth listening to again.

So my last week's recommendation is definitely Mad World (obviously) and this week I really liked Kris Allen's song.

-Kris Allen-

When I looked at Kris, all I see is a handsome guy. Lol. I don't think his vocals are great and most of the time, his performances don't stand out to me. It seems like there are always people better than him. But in terms of looks, I think he has it all. Cute and boyish=)

Anyway, this week he performed the song, "Falling Slowly" from the movie "Once".

I don't know if this movie was ever shown in Malaysia. I heard about it from E!News actually. But it didn't really enticed me so I never took any notice of the movie. Thanks to Kris, I now know about this little movie.

I google-ed and here is what one blogger had to say:

"This movie was recommended by a friend and I finally got around to seeing it. It's an interesting film that deals with one mans messed up situation of living with his father after a break up and never seems to be going anywhere. He sings on the street corner to get his songs out and for a few pounds here and there. Glen Hansard plays the Irish street singer/vacuum repair guy. He meets this woman played by Markéta Irglová who sells flowers on the street and lives at home with her mother. She really likes his music and challenges him a bit to sing and as they build an odd sort of relationship, he gets her to open up and sing as well.

The story really follows the sort of dry progression of getting the two to start playing music and eventually recording a group of songs with a backing band. It gives the Irishman his motivation to go to London to try and make it as a musician. Without telling the whole story we will leave it
there.

I enjoyed the film mainly for the music more than anything. It had a sort of Before Sunrise feel to me that the man meets the woman and has a limited time to spend with them. It's slow at parts and awkward, but the music really makes the movie hit the spot. For that I would recommend seeing it."

After reading this, I still don't feel the urge to watch it. Haha.

All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)