Monday, August 31, 2009

during and post-exams: i wanna, i wanna touch you, you wanna touch me too…

Freakin about LI right now, will I ever find a place to do my industrial training?

__________________________________________

There is current LI talk among us 3rd years and how some are so kiasu, applying so early and about applying to 6 or 7 places when our lecturer only asked us to apply to 3. I have not started on my LI application yet…so does that mean I am not so kiasu or that I am ignorant? I wonder…

*updated: I am done with the LI letters already…*

#4: A lovely surprise on 27th August 2009.

Not too long ago, I just casted a vote for fun on FlyFm’s night flight. I usually listen to the radio at night when I am studying and sometimes when I am bored, I play sms with the radio station.

I am currently digging All-American Rejects “I Wanna” song so I cast in ONE vote so the DJ will play the song. I never expect to win…I didn’t even know what prize was up for stake.

As I am reading my notes, suddenly I received a phone call from a private number. It was Hunny Madu on the line and she  called me to tell me I won! Walao, I only send in ONE sms still can win meh? I was so confused. LOL.

Anyway, after that I told my roommates that a DJ called me and BB recorded my part on the radio. My voice like damn blur lar but so happy I won! First time winning something on radio leh!

The prize? Four movie passes to “The Orphan”. The package came on Thursday and I am still excited about it ;)

surprise1 surprise2 surprise3 -4 complimentary passes for “The Orphan” at any cinema. Hopefully I will have the time to utilise these tickets!-

#5: Shopping at Jusco Wangsa Maju on 28th August 2009.

buka puasa

-Picture of our dinner at Jusco – buying food at the “buka puasa” food bazaar just outside Jusco-

How to de-stress after exams? By retail therapy of course!

Went to the nearest mall in Setapak with Wei2 and Beng2. Initially my Biomed housemates were supposed to go with us but Ngiik Ling fell sick and so the other two accompanied her to the clinic.

Bought some stuff, will post them at my other blog when I find the time. One really significant thing that happened today?

I pierced my ears again! I can’t believe I let others talk me into it again. Since the last time I pierced my ears (last October), my roommate Suzane has been saying how she wanted to pierce her ears again (I am such a trendsetter le? Hehe…jk jk) and then my housemate Wei2 also followed suit and said the same thing. And then, they found Ai Li who wanted to pierce again too, but she later dropped out. And then Ngiik Ling said she wanted too but she got sick and Suz M and Mei Chen could not make it to Jusco with us.

The final result: Me and Wei2 both pierced our ears. Everyone I know is always saying how painful it is but the way I see it is that if you don’t think about it, you won’t feel it. So if i don’t think about the pain, the I don’t feel pain. Does it sound too easy? Maybe.

I am getting addicted to piercing ears already. This is seriously my last one, or else my Mom won’t like it. Hehe ;)

THANK YOU TO MY ROOMMATE SUZANE M WHO LOST A BET WITH ME AND BENG BENG AND HELP TO SUBSIDIZE HALF OF MY NEW BAG!!! WILL POST IN UP IN MY SECONDARY BLOG!!! MUACKS BAYBEH!!!

#6: WATCHING MOVIE AT MID VALLEY ON NATIONAL DAY

Spend Malaysia’s Independence day by hitting the mall. Mom wanted to help me de-stress after exams so we went to watch the Pixar-animated movie “UP”.

up_movie_poster

My verdict: Seriously, must go watch it. Although the plot/storyline is really far-fetched (sorry, I am kind of realistic), it has a really good meaning to it. Some touching parts are definitely about Carl and his love for his wife Ellie and not able to forget about her even if she is no longer alive.

The music is also really good. It is kind of like a reminiscence kind of music, makes you think back on those memories and at times, so sad and melancholic.

I won’t give much of the story away as it is a really simple yet touching story. An old man, Carl wants to fulfilled his late wife’s wish of having a house on Paradise Falls, Venezuela. So on the morning that Carl was assigned to an old folks home by the court, he tied hundreds of balloons to this house and floated the whole house to Venezuela. Of course, on the way, he met this cute boy, Russell who cannot leave him alone but eventually Carl grew fond of Russell.

Seriously, a touching and meaningful movie, this. Must-watch!

movie5movie32

-Mid Valley is feeling the Hari Raya festive mood-

movie1movie2

This year’s deco is about animated-like kampung atmosphere. I feel like it is a page from Lat’s comic book. (I hope people know who Lat is, the famous Malaysian cartoonist. I used to read his comics)

movie3 movie4   -Lunch was the food court where I tried the Korean cuisine this time. Really special. Above pic was how my food set was given to me. The “super-friendly” guy told me must mixed the sweet sauce with the rice. Hence, the second pic, after mixing. Verdict: I love it, absolutely spicy and sweet. But it was too full for me and a little too much vegetables. Haha, I am not a veggie person. But definitely will try it again!-

clip_image001

4 comments:

yS said...

Totally agree with u, UP is really nice!! You know what, ur beloved Miss Sia, she said she NEVER HEARD OF IT and its VERY CHILDISH..I was like fainting...really mempersiasuikan...lol..Hopefully UP will win Oscar best anime!!

Clara Sia said...

MR LIM, berani u hina I di sini!! ok lo.. im katak di bawah tempurung ma.. wat to do

yS said...

Ya, u baru tau ke??

Clara Sia said...

yalo.. i juz know wor.. thanx for telling me, lonely old folk

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)