Sunday, September 13, 2009

i love max @ ihaus…heavenly

Birthday shout-outs to 2 good friends:

Chan Wei Ping aka blogger Terev Dickxon turns 21 on September 11th, 2009…

DINNER FUNCTION

Siew Wai Loon Funnyman turns 22 on the same day…

BF people3

HOPE YOU GUYS HAD MEMORABLE BIRTHDAYS!!!

******************************

This week is 2 words = super-busy!

2 lab practicals, 2 visits and one PBL quiz later, I am all burned out :(

I did not bring my camera to Setapak this week so no pics from the Old Folks’ Home visit (unless I managed to get some from my other coursemates’ cameras).

Yes, we had to visit an old folks’ home this semester for a Pharmaceutical Care Project where we had to interview and evaluate medications taken by geriatrics and identify what are the pharmaceutical issues involved, i.e. polypharmacy, adverse drug reactions, lack of patient counselling, etc. It was a very eye-opening experience, I must say. I went to a nursing home in Pudu (Thanks to coursemate Wei Han for helping with our location!) and honestly, it is a slightly sad and depressing place, but it is good knowing that there are nurses there to help with their medications, rather than letting the elderly handle their own medications.

It was also this week that we 3rd-years had another Nuclear Pharmacy visit. This time to the Nuclear Medicine Department of Putrajaya Hospital. The pics are courtesy of my roommate’s camera, which I forgot to take, thanks to my busy day giving numerous calls to Pos Laju to retrieve a parcel I was supposed to receive 3 days ago. So, I will blog about the visit once I get those pics next time.

Today (12th September 2009), after numerous unfortunate events, finally something made me smile. It is this restaurant of fine dining called Max @ iHaus, situated at Imbi-Bukit Bintang area. The food there was so so so delicious and dreamy. I cannot wait to go back there again!

The restaurant also plays a dual role of parading interior design furniture, which is why the interior of the restaurant is so sophisticated and delightful. But unfortunately, due to absence of a camera, I cannot take any pics of the place. Will do it next time I go there again.

It is too bad that this wonderful restaurant is situated at an area that is quite isolated. In fact, the road leading to the restaurant is actually a smaller road that leads off from the main road. A road that I am afraid not many will notice. If not because one of Mom’s colleagues introduce this place to my Mom, I don’t think we will ever know this place exists.

Anyway, this restaurant serves 2 specials daily for lunch. Each meal costs RM22 (plus 10%tax, it is about RM25). Not bad right? Plus, the food are super healthy. They use a lot of veggies and olive oil, perfect for those who wants a healthy lifestyle.

Mom and I ordered both the specials so we can try everything and I must say, I will give totally 5/5 to this place!!! Superb, and the service is good too (something you rarely see nowadays).

However, for those who are not into fine dining or eat a lot, maybe you should skip this place. Although the portions look small, but trust me, they are very filling. No point to over-eat oneself right?

haus1

First we start with complimentary bread. Soft soft bread dipped in mixture of vinegar and olive oil, a healthier alternative than butter. Seriously, the bread is so soft, one cannot stop munching it.

haus3

Appetizers are a choice between potato cream soup or smoked chicken salad.

haus2

Mom had this. All fresh green veggies with smoked chicken slices. Dressing is vinegar with olive oil. Too raw for me but delectable to Mom, who enjoys veggies a lot.

haus4

I had the potato cream soup. Very yummy. Inside they had delicious fried potatoes and chicken. Yum yum makes my mouth water remembering it.

Main dishes were a choice between beef pasta or dory fish fillet:

haus6

Mom had the pasta since she already tried the fish the last time. I tried it and the sauce is heaven. The pasta is also very soft and delish.

haus5

The dory fish fillet with cream sauce and potato wedges. This dish was simply heavenly, so scrumptious you cannot get enough of it. Highly recommended!

haus7

For dessert, although I was so stuffed, I wanted to try it. We ordered the fruit mixture of kiwis, dragonfruits, strawberries and plum. At the top, is mango sherbet. Compared with the main dishes and appetizers, the dessert was relatively a let-down. Nothing very special here, or maybe we should have ordered something much special. But, the prices of some of the dessert are even more expensive than the main dishes itself.

clip_image001

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)