Monday, August 20, 2012

bangkok 2011 day 2: floating market and indian temple

On day 2 of Bangkok,just like every day, we have breakfast at our apartment and then my uncle's family driver will take us to my uncle's house where we will just chill and relax before heading town. My uncle is at work and my cousin at uni so it is just my aunt.

Landscape of my uncle's house garden. Pretty right? It was just after the rain
Our first itinerary is the 100 year old floating market, one of the oldest floating markets in Bangkok. But since it was a weekday, there were no boats operating so we walked around the shops instead. Since I am a vintage-lover, I quite like the place. There were some shops selling toys from my childhood, bringing out the nostalgia in me :)







We met this uncle who owned apparently, a famous coffee shop. He has been the "poster boy" for quite a number of advertisements in Thailand and even his shop was reviewed in several newspaper articles, which were framed and hung proudly all over his humble shop.

Decided to give his iced Thai milk tea a try. On the table is a photo of his younger self. He was quite handsome back then lol.

Fried crab snacks that I love

Fishball noodle soup but the soup is red I don't know why


After that, we headed to Lord Ganesha temple, an Indian temple which had the biggest statue of the Elephant God I have ever seen. That time was around the time I was expecting to get my placement letter for PRP so of course I prayed hard to get KL area lol.


Outside the temple, we spotted stalls selling lottery tickets wtf. Tried our luck with it:)
The lottery tickets
When I posted this photo on Facebook, one of my friends commented that he thought I was buying tickets to watch insects.

=.=!!


When night approaches, we went to the massage parlour that my aunt frequents often for some R & R time.


And the night ends with some Thai food for dinner. We ordered way too much lol.

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)