Sunday, September 02, 2012

bangkok 2011: conclusion

My last post on Bangkok 2011, a short and relaxing journey to visit relatives there. Btw, hope no one is confused by my Aunt Wendy (from KL) with Aunt Agnes (from Bangkok) lol.

On Day 4, a day before we left for Pattaya, is shopping day. Aunt Agnes brought us to Central World Siam, one of her favourite department stores. Lucky as it was the sales season at Bangkok so lots of branded and leather goods were on sale. I was going to start work soon so my Mom bought me a new bag and two pairs of shoes as gifts :)

Around that area are many shopping malls. I think I have been to Siam Paragon, Central World, MBK, and Platinum mall. There is actually an overhead bridge that connects to most of these shopping malls so if you don't want to waste money on train rides, walking is highly recommended.


The English translation is hilarious
Our shopping hauls for the day
***Day 7 at Bangkok: Last day***

Breakfast of Thai specialty foods
Thai desserts

Last day in Bangkok was spend at my aunt's house. She got her driver to buy us Thai specialty foods as our breakfast. We were never hungry at Bangkok, there were always so much food available. However, too bad I did not know where my aunt bought these local foods because the next time I went to Bangkok, I really did not know where to find good local foods ):

A last group pic at courtyard

And my shopping hauls!!! Me is happy shopaholic :) All clothes were from Platinum Mall, which we managed to make a short stop before all the shops closed. Only the shorts were from another shopping mall. Red bowler hat (one of my favourite buys) was in Platinum too! Leather bag and shoes were from Central World during sales (and we get VAT refund at the airport too!). Snacks were from Siam Paragon and my absolute favourite - Lay's! They are so expensive at KL.

Defintely love Bangkok and I don't making annual trips there =)

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)