Friday, January 25, 2008

monday is full of culture mania

I know my blog is always overflooding with pics but I love to take and post pics a lot! I think a picture speaks a thousand words...all these pics that I have taken remind me of the fond memories that I had when I took them...besides, whenever I checked out anyone's blogs, the only thing I do is look at photos...hehe:P

~21/01/2008~

Today was the first day of the exhibition on Chinese culture, held in conjunction with the Pesta Ang Pow. I dragged Suz M to go down with me to check out the booths...

THE EXHIBITION...

One of the highlights is definitely this long dragon!

Yours Truly

Huan Ching trying to teach Suz M how to make "tang yuan"

The comic depicting about the origins of Mooncake Festival

Myself, Tze Hwee and Suz M tried to cracked our brains at the riddles booth

Suz M posing with Sui Teng's "er hu"

Suz M, myself and my Buddy. Turns out my Buddy can played a lot of Chinese musical instruments too!

Myself and Tze Hwee posing with a fellow student dressed in Chinese costume

Hehe...posing with a "pi pa" (I hope I am getting all these Chinese terms correct!)

Anyone feeling thirsty?

...or hungry?

Sigh...wish I was posing with my Prince Charming instead of Suz M on the wedding bed;(

All these reminds me CNY is coming soon!!!

THE REHEARSAL


After looking at all the booths, Suz M and I went to take a look at the PAP rehearsal inside DSG...


The decor was awesome!
Rabbit - 1987 - Moi!
The dancing troupe

The Chinese orchestra
The drama
We watched all the performances and I recorded a few of them, especially the Chinese orchestra. They are really a breath of fresh air!

THEPEOPLE...

Of course, I could not resist taking pics with some of the people that I saw...

Ai Li, my coursemate. She looks quite free so I grabbed her to take pic with me. She is supposed to teach me Bahasa Sabah but laughs at me every time I attempt to speak that language:(

My 2 very funny coursemates - Wei Han and Kah Hang (I nicknamed them Cousin It & Pasta)
Coincidentally, the trio of us were dressed in black! Sam ling sheung tong!

Me and one of my best friends, Hanson. Have not seen him for a while because he was very busy with the drama.


ON ANOTHER NOTE...


I am so sad. My English have been sinking really badly. Today, my English teacher commented how bad my grammar was....Can you believe it? And I was the one claiming to be a banana...Sigh..maybe learning all this Mandarin has taken a bad turn for my English:(

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)