Tuesday, December 30, 2008

merry christmas 2008 & happy new year 2009

I just came back from Bangkok on Sun nite, fell sick on Mon, skipped school on Tues and tomorrow is Weds!
________________________

20th dec 2008: uncle ming fatt & cousin vivien celebrate birthdays in my house!

Actually, their house had no water supply that day so they came to my house to bathe. Afterwards, we had cake to commemorate both father & daughter's december birthdays.

Father and daughter

Tiramisu birthday cake

The family of four

Cutting cake

21st dec 2008: winter solstice festival

This is the last festival of the year before Chinese New Year. Prayers and tong yuen in the morning, as usual, every year.

What is unusual this year, however, is I decided to play around with the camera and take some snapshots of prayer stuff.

Among all the photos I took, I think these two symbolises more of what that day meant. Fire is an important element in any Chinese prayer and without tong yuen, winter solstice festival has no meaning anymore.

At night, we had dinner at my uncle's house. As usual, both uncle and aunt whipped up a great meal to end the year, the year according to the chinese lunar calendar, that is.

Aunt Siew Moi said that if I keep taking pics of the dishes, I can eventually publish a book in three years time. Lolz.

And that night, even my aunt who lives in Kuchai Lama joined us for dinner. Cousins and myself had a sang-along to SHE songs on youtube. Very funny because Sher Li and I can only read Chinese pinyin words...

Right before everyone left, we took a family photo to send to my Uncle Steven who lives in Australia.

Christmas family photo

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)