Sunday, January 16, 2011

xmas 2010 – bukit tinggi~

So for this year’s Xmas activities, I decided to join my uni coursemates for a one-day trip to Bukit Tinggi, after seeing many of my friends posting pics of this place on Facebook. The place is actually not so bad, more nicer if you are a camera / photography buff because you can take some really nice and cool photos here…
There were around 16 of us and we hired van services to take us there. We departed from Times Square hotel because the van also tend to pick up tourists to Bukit Tinggi as well. Also, because Bukit Tinggi is owned by Berjaya. The admission price is RM12 for adults.

The van dropped us at French Village, the first attraction we visited upon arrival.

1
The place reminded me a little of Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland.

13
We tried the infamous jumping shot and although there were numerous funny and candid ones, this one is the best jump shot, albeit Mei Chieng’s feet already touched the ground.


2
Mei Chieng aka Jane and the red carriage

3
Us again, a candid shot taken by Clara

4
My new red shoes from Cotton On obviously became the prominent object in most of my photos. Really like the bright red colour but sadly on that day, the bottom part of the shoe came off and I had to discard them T.T

5
The view from above the tower. Really like the whole unique design, like European feel to it

6
Some of the girls watched the clown making cute balloons for tourists. This is Lixin’s one, a nice red heart, which also looks strangely like the symbol for female. Haha.

7
Carolyn and myself eating pizza and french fries for lunch with the others

8
Myself, Zhi Yun, Jane, Clara and Janice

14
One last shot of French Village before we took a shuttle car to Japanese Garden, another attraction within the Bukit Tinggi area

915
In Japanese Garden, you can forked out RM20 per person to wear their kimonos and take photographs in them. Since it was a nice experience, 5 of us decided to try it. And I really love wearing my purple kimono;)

16 The five of us with our pretty kimonos. Red is prominent no? Lol~

10
Konichiwa~ Welcome to Japan.

11     Clara and myself. Some tourists even asked to take photos with 5 of us. So funny~


12
One last group shot before we leave Bukit Tinggi. Merry Xmas everyone~!!!

Overall, the trip to Bukit Tinggi was satisfying although I don’t think I will go back there again. There are not many activities you can do, besides taking lots of photos. But I think one should avoid going on public holidays, just because the line for the shuttle is just so long. It is better to drive if you have a car, because then you won’t have to waste so much time queuing. Places of attractions are not within close proximity so walking is out of the question. Also, toilets are scarce. I think you can only find them in hotels and they are so small. On that day, there were so many people in Bukit Tinggi, even waiting to enter ladies’ is a problem.
But, I truly enjoyed my Xmas 2010 with my friends. Hope to do this again~!

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)