Monday, January 17, 2011

A night to remember in January

Taking a hiatus from my Turkey posts to blog about a memorable event I had on January 9th 2011. It was the annual Pharmacy Chinese Course Night, an event organized by 3rd year Pharmacy UKM students. The special thing about this year is that we are seniors! That means we get the full treatment, VIP and all. It was so exciting because all this while, as juniors, we had to come up with programs and food and decorations and themes to please our seniors but this year, we are in charge. Woo-hoo~

This year, our event was held at Impiana Hotel KLCC, which is a short driving distance away from Setapak. The chairwoman of the event was Ooi Tche, who is Wei Wei’s little buddy. There were many glitches, I overheard, but I am happy that the night went very well.

The theme of the night was MAGIC~******~

7
Prior to the actual dinner time, the 4 of us got ready at myself and Wei Wei’s shared apartment.

16
Want to thank my roommates and housemate for helping me out.

Hair is done by Wei Wei & Suzane & NL, make-up myself and BB. Long blue dress (I really wanted to try wearing a long gown for at least once) chosen by myself and my Mom at this gown shop at Times Sq. Also tq to my mom for lending me her scarf and clutch. Oh, and also thankies to my aunt who lend me her earrings~!



8
I drove there, taking Wai Kuan, Ai Li, Carolyn and Wei2 with me. Ooi Tche managed to get us FOC valet parking. Yay~

2
We arrived quite earlier than the others so we decided to cam-whore first whilst waiting in the VIP room. Y’know, the make-up always look better before the event begins. Pic above taken with Lixin, who don’t look like her at all~! (it’s a compliment ya~)

1
There were so many photos taken but I am just going to post the group ones~

Carolyn Teo, Huey Pin, Zhi Yun, Clara, Sze Wei and Carolyn Lee

3
With Terev Dickxon aka Wei Ping.

I think he always dresses the best out of all my male coursemates. Fella even won two awards that night, the important ones – Best Costume (Male) and Prom King. Congrats~

10
As VIP seniors, we also get special entrance. Lol. My partners-in-crime for the grand entrance – Clara and YS

11
While waiting to enter, I stole Kah Hang’s partners. Haha. With Mui Wen and Pei Cin.

12
Clara and myself posing. Few seniors also wore long gowns this year. Clara is one of them with her sunshine yellow gown that we shopped together in Times Sq. 

Also in long dresses were Aun Ni, Yan Xia, Gim Hui and Ying Xiang.

13
With my buddy line. Just 4 of us. I am the shortest but the oldest :( Funny thing is my whole buddy line is from Kedah, even my own big buddy is from Alor Setar. Except me – odd one.

Zi Theng (1st year), Jojo (2nd) and Chye Teck (3rd)

17 4
With another 2 of my friends who I hang out with – Gan and Wai Kuan

18
My English-eds buddies – Janice and Carrie. Three of us were the bananas in the bunch but hey, we survived by speaking Mandarin these 4 years. 3 of us still speak in English with one another, which I am glad:)

14
My Seven dwarfs family, friends who have helped me a lot in these past 4 years. Thanks guys~

Ai Li, Clara, Tze Im, Jane, Janice and Carolyn

6
Finally, to complete the night, a group photo of all 4th years – all 38 of us Chinese students~!

5    Before we called it a night, one last photo of our table. I sat with the 7 dwarfs plus Yu Siang and Ah Hang.

15
  The night ended early but I was exhausted from all the preparing in the morning. Thank you to my little buddy Eric aka Chye Teck for the chocolates gift:)

Thank you to all the juniors for making it a successful night. I had fun the whole time, even when preparing for the event~!

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)