Sunday, November 22, 2009

saengil chukha hamnida 생일축하합니다

Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) highlights:
*Noona seducing Nichkhun 2PM....darn I am so jealous:(

******************************************

I turn 22 years old today, on the 22nd November. Cool right? Also, this blogs turns 2 years old today as well. Lots of twos in my life today.

My birthday being so late, almost at the end of the year has its pros and cons. Pros being that I am usually always younger than others born in 1987. LOL. But now that in uni, there are so many 88'ers, I guess it does not make any difference anymore.

My birthday being so late also signifies a time of reflection, unlike early in the year, when it signifies hope and resolutions (for me). A time of reflection, to me, usually means looking back at what had happened in the year so far and what I have done.

This year is one significant one as well. Most notably, I think, the biggest moment in 2009 for me, has been the demise of a wonderful friend. Gary, I really miss you bro.

It was also an absolutely busy year in terms of studies. There were many times that I just want to give up, because of the overwhelming stress. It is still a struggle for me until now, to fight those inner demons.

It was also a year of obsession with youtube and online shopping. My addiction to youtube stems from my addiction to firstly, the Boys Over Flowers korean drama and secondly, from my current love for 2PM, korean beast idols boyband. And yes, I have finally venture into the world of online shopping and it was not bad, although there are many bumps along the way. Will I do it again? Yes, of course but not for the time being, as I want to learn to be frugal.

The year 2009 has been a good year for lots of trips with my UKM friends. First Penang with Pharmacy gang, then Sarawak with housemates + roommates. Also, there might be another trip with housemates again when next sem starts. Will update in blog when that time comes.

Before this, my birthday has always been about presents. But lately, I don't know if it is the age issue, I feel happy and satisfied even with smses and birthday wishes on facebook. I guess it is true that it is the thought that counts. To know that I am not the only one who realizes today is my birthday brings a smile to my face. Old friends, new friends, I am so happy for all the birthday wishes. Most of all, I am glad that I am alive and well to treasure each and every birthday wish I received. At the end of the day, I must say, as cliche as it sounds, when you lose someone in the same age range as you puts life in a whole new perspective.

Although last year my birthday was on a much grand scale compared to this year, I am still satisfied. Like it or not, actually I don't like the fuss of having a huge birthday celebration. Haha. I am so getting old...lol.

Okay, I am having writer's block already, so I guess I will end it here.

KAMSAHAMNIDA EVERYONE;)


No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)