Sunday, November 23, 2008

grand uncle is 60

I am totally addicted to this song

_____________________

This is kind of a belated post. On 26th October 2008, my Grand Uncle turned 60 and had a huge dinner event at Taman Rashna Chinese Restaurant in Klang.

The menu of all our dishes in Chinese


The dinner took longer than expected to begin and we were really bored...

It was during my study week so I feel obliged to bring my notes as company


My family all sat in one table


My girl cousins - Vivien and Sher Li

We were famished so luckily the first dish finally came out. It consists of a variety of finger food placed in a beautifully decorated wooden miniature boat.

There were dumplings, salmon, fishball and yam.


The second dish is shark fin soup. Very nice. So long since I last had one.


My Mom, whom I believed was also bored waiting for the food to arrive


The guests who attended the dinner. It was held in a smaller enclosed area part of the restaurant


This is yin-yang dish consisting of fried chicken and duck - this is what I called unity regardless of species (lame I know wtf)

Steamed fish - my Mom's fave dish. Check out the gruesome eyeball

I love the sea cucumber and all the miscellanous stuff in this potpourri

Prawns - they had half with sweet sauce and the other one dried and lil' spicy


The noodles which was so-s0. We did not have any rice, btw (which was kinda unique and good in a way because I don't eat much rice anyways and by this method my stomach still had plenty of room wth)


Last but not least, we had the sweet dessert, which was tongsui and...


...mantao decorated like peach (very artistic i like)


Cousins Deric looking amusingly at the mantao / Vivien playing with Sher Li's hair


My Grand Uncle's humongous bday cake


Happy 60th birthday to Grand Uncle

Time for photos and cake-cutting!


My family. Mom is the eldest of 2 younger sis and 2 younger bros. But one uncle has migrated to Australia



Tee-hee. Took a shot of cute cute little round-faced distant cousin


Time to leave - Sher Li, Vivien and moi - Check out me cousin's boots

what i wore: my new grey knitted dress, red handbag from Cambodia and red peep-toe heels that I bought last year at NYC for my Pharmacy Course Nite;)

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)