Sunday, May 24, 2009

episode II: the penang hills are alive with the sound of pharmacy people

I have added few new bloggers link to my list. #1: My cousin Deric has started a blog about economy, explained in a simpler way to “commoners” like me (Lol). #2: Ai Li’s younger sister, whom I do not know, but I am stalking her blog because she likes Big Bang, Lee Minho and Boys Over Flowers, like me. #3: Owen Lim, a UKM biomed student who takes really nice photographs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

My updates are slow because right now, I am obsessed with watching “Boys Over Flowers”. I missed some earlier episodes so I decided to watch them all over again.

I took lots of photographs of Penang Hill but too lazy to upload so many so I will just picked my favourites.

After a good night’s sleep, the next morning, we woke up early to meet Tze Im, Janice and MC at a roti canai restaurant for breakfast before embarking to Penang Hill, which is located near Tze Im’s house. Because it is so near, they walked to the restaurant to meet us. During breakfast, I find it amusing to hear that the 3 of them slept at 11pm the night before whilst both Carolyns and myself went to bed at around 1-2am instead. Lol. Janice and MC has followed Tze Im’s trend. Tze Im has always been known as the one who goes to sleep early, unlike the rest of us.

15

-MC and Ai Li with me at the entrance to Penang Hill-

17

-The train that brought us to the peak-

I admit, the train was really really slow and kind of old actually. It was also packed with lots of people. I guess they wanted to make sure it was full with passengers so they didn’t have to make so many trips. Maybe. I also noticed lots of angmohs in the train as well. British, I presumed.

DAY TWO

Us in the train going to Penang Hill. Notice the resemblance between the 2 sisters Carrin & Carolyn?

penang5

We had to switch trains midway during the journey to the peak.

penang6

View of the rail tracks with all the greenery on both sides. Me like this photo.

16

The view from above the hill. Actually I took lots of sceneries from the top but I like this one because the Penang bridge is more visible here.

penang7 The tiny us against the huge sign.

8 Replica of an old train.

12

Penang, Pearl of the Orient.

9The “mercun” (according to Janice). It should be “meriam”. Lol.

10

There was an Hindu temple under construction nearby.

11This is my favourite flower shot. I took lots of photos of flowers whenever any catches my eye. This one in particular, was taken nearby the temple. I took it in a hurry, so the background is slightly blurry, but I like this effect. 

13“Ai Li, look! It is Gu JunPyo’s house!” Hahahaha.

14            We had ice-kacang in the nearby stalls. As we enjoy our refreshments, suddenly it started raining heavily. Fortunately, we were inside the stalls so we did not get drenched. Unfortunately, the rain was not only heavy, but continuous, causing us to wait for a long time in the stalls, making our plans delayed. Finally, although still raining cats and dogs, we made our way (with limited number of umbrellas) to the train to bring us to the bottom of the hill.

to be continued…

2 comments:

yS said...

Omg..The mercun meriam thing was really very funny! Really, i laughed non-stop, omg....lol
But Malacca's meriams are more famous,hohoho...

FIFIONA said...

hehe ya lar, I keep looking where is the mercun that she was pointing at...when I finally saw the "mercun", I dunno whether want to laugh or cry...

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)