Tuesday, May 26, 2009

episode III: rich italian history and a piece of peaceful chinese temple

SHORT UPDATES:

#1: Welcome to blogging, Ai Li aka Love Lychee aka Xiao Carolyn!

#2: On 24th May, dinner at Dragon-i @ Leisure Mall on me. It was a belated Mothers’ Day celebration for my Mom and aunt. After that, Mom and I watched “Angels and Demons”. Finally! The movie I have been dying to watch, although I have never read any of Dan Brown’s books before…

angels_and_demons_poster_m

I absolutely fell in love with Italy, Rome and Vatican City after watching this. All those beautiful cathedrals and churches and sculptures and I am not even a Catholic, not even a religious person! I initially thought I would have a hard time understanding the movie because I have watched “Da Vinci Code” and is aware of all the complex historical plot storyline but amazingly enough, I think I can safely say I understand about 90% of the movie! Great, action-packed, awesome movie!!!

#3: I am working next month but not doing my attachment like I originally intended to. My family thinks it is unwise to work in hospitals during this flu season and community pharmacies are not my thing – dreadfully boring. So I filled up an employment form to work in my mother’s company…again…

----------------------------------------

10th MAY 2009

After Penang Hill, we had lunch and then on to Kek Lok Si temple…

001

The huge Kuan Yin statue still under construction works.

DAY TWO1

Tiger, Rabbits and Dragon – us with our respective Chinese Zodiac animals.

002

Lots and lots of fat and huge carps in the pond – they are really ferocious when it comes to feeding time.

003

Myself and Tze Im, one-half of our Penang tour guides.

004

“Ai Li, don’t jump!” Hahahaha.

PENANG (61)

Group pic!!! With Jia Ying’s family…

DAY TWO2We took a spacious lift from up to down.

005 006

The breathtaking views of the beautiful temple.

The most beautiful and amazing photos I took are actually from here in Kek Lok Si. Not only the design of the temple and pagoda is unique and pretty but there are lots of greeneries here that frames the temple in such a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.

007

Myself and Ai Li.

010

Mei Chieng, myself and Tze Im.

016

Soon to be Pharmacy 3rd-years *groans*.

008

Row of Buddhas.

009

The huge pagoda…I like how the smoke/mist gave the photo a feel.

011

More beautiful pics – I think the weather was kind of great so my camera could capture such clear photos.

015

The mini pagoda.

014 Yay, I touched the peak without breaking a sweat! Lol.

012 From a different angle but still beautiful.

013 Three of us against the pretty miniature version of the pagoda.

DAY TWO3

More photos – *Click to enlarge*.

to be continued…

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)