Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bangkok 2013 (Day 3): Visiting Cha-Am

One of the places I wanted to go during my trip to Bangkok last month was to Cha-Am, another small town near Hua Hin. This is because one of my friends went to Santorini Park at Cha-Am and the place was so beautiful. It is inspired by the actual Santorini at Greece. After seeing pics of it, I was really tempted to go.

***
Our 3rd day of Thailand trip started with a yummy breakfast at the hotel.

My favourite breakfast - muesli with yoghurt and fruits, and a must-have coffee.

We were informed that public transportation in Hua Hin and Cha-Am are scarce and difficult to find, especially at Santorinin Park. After much consideration, we decided to hire a driver to take us around Hua Hin and Cha-Am for the day. FYI, our hotel helped us with it and it costs us 1500 baht.

The driver brought us to a Venice-themed amusement area but the place was still under renovation so there was really nothing much to see there. Then, he took us to Santorini Park and Swiss Sheep Farm. After that, we went back to Hua Hin where he brought us to Maruekhathaiyawan Palace, which was the summer residence of the king. Finally, we ended the day with lunch and the subsequent drop-off at the minivan stop for our return to Bangkok.

Because the other places were not as interesting, I will only blogged about my favourites: Santorini Park and Swiss Sheep Farm.

SANTORINI PARK, CHA-AM
555 Moo 3, Khao Yai Sub-district, Cha-Am District, Petchburi 76120
Opening hours: Mon - Fri (10am - 8pm), Sat & Sun (9am - 10pm)
Admission fee: 50 baht per person

The theme is mostly blue and white, typical of Greece.

This is my current cover photo on my Facebook. Love the elements of the carousel, flowers and blue balconies in this photo.

I love this carousel the most at Santorini Park. Perhaps it is the colours and that magical atmosphere it exudes. It also reminded me of the lovely carousel near Eiffel Tower at Paris.

There were many murals scattered around Santorini Park and I like that it was so random. When we spotted one, we would immediately start posing and taking photos. When I look at this mural, I imagined a couple standing under the umbrella falling in love lols.

The colourful flower pots provided the perfect background for a random photoshoot. Clara Sia was dressed pretty cutely that day, like a Japanese tourist. Her fashion sense has improved heaps compared to when I first met her lol.

When I commented that she looked like a Japanese tourist, she was so happy she said, "Annyonghaseyo!". HAHAHAHA.

Giant ferris wheel, looks a little gloomy due to sudden appearance of Mr. Grey Clouds.




Sending postcards to one another.

I developed this postcards sending habit ever since I posted one to myself from Turkey in 2010. Ever since then, I never missed the opportunity to send a postcard to myself wherever I travel.

And now, photos from Clara's Nikon J1 because I love the quality of them:

The vibrant colours of the carousel really make this photo bright and cheerful.

Me and Ms. Clara. We both actually like wearing maxi dresses when we travel. To prevent last year's Bangkok trip incident when we both brought the exact same black lace maxi dress, I brought my white lace maxi dress instead. She wore a midi dress bought at Chatuchak (which I also bought lol).

I cannot ride a bicyle don't mean I cannot pose with it.

Due to a tight schedule, we proceeded to our next destination: Swiss Sheep Farm, Cha-am.

SWISS SHEEP FARM, CHA-AM
Petchburi 76120 Thailand (directly opposite from Santorini Park)
Opening hours: Mon - Fri (10am - 7pm), Sat & Sun (9am - 7pm)
Admission fee: 50 baht per person

If you want a feel of Europe or specifically Switzerland, then Swiss Sheep Farm is the place for you.

The whole place is designed like a typical western-style farm with several stations to visit.


Upon entering, I laughed as I saw this scenery. It was supposed to be a sheep farm but they placed miniature sheep models at the grounds.

But fear not, there were actual sheeps later on.

Old-school tree swings. Brings back memories, doesn't it?

Another creative mural. I called this, "It's raining colours! Hallelujah, it's raining colours!"

A bit of London:
OOTD: White lace maxi dress: Ladies Fashion (online); unicorn crop top: Forever 21; GD-inspired "Get Out" cap: Times Sq; Watch/bracelet: Hua Hin; Sandals: Fitflop; sunglasses: UNIQLO

Swan Lake

Being cheeky at the souvenir shop. My new cap, inspired by G-Dragon's kpop MV "One of A Kind".

Our restaurant for our much-awaited lunch.

Yummy green curry chicken, which was tad too spicy for my comrades so I ended up eating most of it.

Vermicelli to go with the green curry.

The highlight of lunch: the specialty fried chicken. Oh so yummy with crispy skin and juicy meat *drooling*.

It is such a bad idea to blog about food in the middle of the night.

KRUA KANNIKAR
The restaurant is located near Hua Hin Railway Station, in soi 88. Most well-known for varieties of fried chicken so I highly recommend that.

-END OF DAY 3-

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)