Thursday, October 23, 2008

just stand up

Happy Belated 21st birthday to one of my UKM zhimuis, Wei Han (16th October), the only Chinese STPM boy in Pharmacy...


Kah Hang made this card, who knew that boy was so talented?
______________________________________



Lately there is this song playing on the airwaves that did not really struck a chord in me in the beginning but as I listen more of it, I found it very inspirational, not only to cancer patients but also in our everyday lives.

As they say, "sharing is caring", so I am posting a video of the live performance here. I really really like this song. Women rules! Stand up to Cancer!

I must admit, I am a little ignorant on this subject of cancer. The only person I know who has cancer before is Peter's wife. And who is Peter?

I grew up in the same neighbourhood ever since I was born and Peter is this guy who sells wanton mee at his vendor stall in my market. I grew up eating his wanton mee. I saw his children ever since they were toddlers up to now where they are young adolescents. And I also saw his wife, who used to help him everyday at his stall. Until one day, when Mom and I both realized we have not seen his wife lately. Upon asking the whereabouts of his wife, we found out that she had already passed away because of cancer.

I was shocked of course. She was too young. Her children were too young. Why all of a sudden? And there can never be any answer because that is how cancer is. The least you expect it, that is when it comes. You keep thinking it will never happen to you, but that is crapshit because we know I know you know everyone is 100% prone to cancer.

So enjoy this song;)

P.S. I feel that Miley Cyrus is kinda out of place here. In terms of vocal, I don't think she is at par with any of the other great female vocalists here but in terms of fame, I guess she is right about the same level. Maybe they just want this song to have some tween appeal.

Stars in this live performance video:

Carrie Underwood
Beyoncé
Rihanna
Mariah Carey
Ciara
Mary J Blige
Nicole Scherzinger
Leona Lewis
Keyshia Cole
Ashanti
Natasha Bedingfield
Fergie
Miley Cyrus


LYRICS:

Beyonce: The heart is stronger than you think
It's like it can go through anything
And even when you think it can't it finds a way to still push on, though
Carrie: Sometimes you want to run away
Ain't got the patience for the pain
And if you don't believe it look into
your heart the beat goes on
Rihanna: I'm tellin' you that
Miley: Things get better
Through whatever
If you fall, dust it off, don't let up
Sheryl: Don't you know you can go be your own miracle
Beyonce: You need to know
CHORUS:

Sheryl:
If the mind keeps thinking you've had enough
But the heart keeps telling you don't give up

Sheryl/Beyonce:
Who are we to be
questioning, wondering what is what
Don't give up
through it all, just stand up!
Fergie: It's like we all have better days
Problems getting all up in your face
Leona: Just because you go through it
Fergie: Don't mean it got to take control, no
Leona: You ain't gotta find no hiding place
Keyshia: Because the heart can beat the hate
Leona: Don't wanna let your mind keep playin' you
Keyshia: And sayin' you can't go on
Rihanna: I'm tellin' you that
Miley: Things get better
Through whatever
Rihanna: If you fall
Miley: Dust if off, don't let up
LeAnn: Don't you know you
Natasha: Can go
LeAnn: Be your own
Natasha: Miracle
Carrie: You need to know
Ensemble: CHORUS
Mary: You don't gotta be a prisoner in your mind
Ciara: If you fall, dust it off
Mary: You can live your life
Mary: Let your heart be your guide
Mariah: And you will know that you're good if you trust in the good
Ashanti: Everything will be alright, yeah
Light up the dark, if you follow your heart
Mary: And it will get better
Mariah: Through whatever
CHORUS
Fergie : You got it in you, find it within
You got in now, find it within now
You got in you, find it within
You got in now, find it within now
You got in you, find it within
Find it within you, find it within
Everyone: THROUGH IT ALL, JUST STAND UP

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)