Friday, July 03, 2009

sarawak act XII (day 7): the end of a wonderful and eye-opening journey

And finally, my last post on my Sarawak trip, just a few days away from starting my new semester…

For our last day in Miri, MC thought it would be great if we all go on a casual shopping trip. I must admit the last day is actually the most relaxing day compared with the rest.

Although shopping in Miri is not as great as back in KL, I am glad we took a more relaxing turn because honestly, after ten days of travelling, I was a little exhausted (and homesick).

16 Besides going to Parkson Miri, we also went to Boulevard Miri.

17BB and I went crazy for funky tee-shirts. There were not many people there that day because it was a morning on a weekday, so we both helped ourselves to the bundle of tee-shirts, searching for designs and colours of our choice.

I copped two tee-shirts for RM12 each.

18

The interior of the mall, decorated in Hari Gawai decorations.

19 20

When we were in Swak, Hari Gawai was approaching so everywhere you see there are many Iban decorations.

21

In Sarawak, one thing that I found to be different than in West M’sia is the use of coupon parking. Yes, I have never heard about it until now.

The way I understand about it from MC is that a person buys a book of coupons and then when they park in a marked parking area, they must scratch the date and time of parking on one coupon. Then, they will display the coupon on their car window.

Oh ya, btw the parking here, one hour = 42 cents. WTF? Does that even exist here in KL anymore?

22

For our last meal here in Sarawak, MC had asked her mother to cook some of her mother’s best dishes for us. It is good to eat home-cooked meals, cleaner and less oily.

Pork, dim sum, milin, pork intestines, vegetables – all excellent dishes, thank you to MC’s mother.

#23: MIRI TAMAN GANTUNG (HANGING GARDEN?)

Our last place of interest in Sarawak / Miri is Taman Gantung. It is named such because the main attraction in this park is the hanging bridge.

23 24

Me and BB did not missed posing for photos despite the rain.

30

We decided to climb up the main attraction. Although I have no fear of heights, I still feel a bit nervous climbing up the stairs. I did not even dare to look down. Lol.

25

The view of the long hanging bridge from on top.

26 27

As you can see, although the bridge is mostly made out of wooden planks, it is perfectly safe with high netting on its sides.

After breaking some sweat in the park, we finally loaded our luggage and head on to the airport for our night flight back to KL.

28

In Miri airport’s boarding room, after check-in. We bade our goodbyes and thanks to MC and waited in the boarding hall. Of course, to kill our boredom, we cam-whore, what else?

29

This snapshot reminded me of something funny. You see, BB and I thought it might be fun to use my camera’s self-timer to take pics of the both of us. But I did not bring my tripod so we had to build a makeshift tripod to balance my camera. One man saw how we were struggling to make my camera stable that he offered to take photograph of us. So paiseh. Hehe;)

We reached KL around midnight where BB stayed overnight at my house before leaving back to Batu Gajah the next day.

finally, safe to say…the end…

clip_image001

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)