Friday, November 23, 2007

plaids as trend this season - yay or nay?

The thing is this, my Mom bought a three quarter-length shirt a few weeks back which is reddish-orange in colour and has plaid/checked patterns all over it! At first glance, when I saw her trying it out, I thought she looks like she came from the rodeo or something. It really looks cowgirl-ish because of its pattern.
However, after taking a few more clear looks at the shirt, it did not really look that bad. It was actually quite trendy, unique and different than all those loose, flowy and oversized blouses that are overflooding at shops lately. Plaids are really a fresh addition to a fashionista's closet.

Celebs rockin' out the plaids

I was still having my speculations until I came across an article in the latest OK! Magazine's November 2007 issue where they featured plaids as one of the hottest trends of the season. Now, I personally am not a trend follower as I do not have the figure to rock out some of these trends but I think magazines can give one some new and fresh ideas on what to look out for the next time one go on a shopping trip. I think a closet should be dynamic NOT static. It should not comprise of the same, boring and comfortable clothes that we are all so accustomed to. Instead, I think we should always try new things and "dare to be different".

So my aim was to look for the perfect plaids outfit that will not make me looked old or outrageous. I finally found a cute plaids tunic last week that I think will look cute with black shorts.

RM 29.00

Suzane seems to object my choice, saying that the plaids pattern looks like tablecloth pattern to her. But I quite like it and was it not really expensive so I copped it after all at Scarlet @ Jusco Maluri. Hehe...Actually, it kind of reminds me of Christmas when I see it. Makes me want to break into Christmas Carols pulak....Haha;D

Oh well, I have already bought it anyways so I might as well wear it. Let's see how I looked once I start wearing it. *Fingers crossed*

photo credit: http://uberlove-e-boutique.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)