Monday, November 26, 2007

boom syndrome

BOOM Syndrome = Bored Out Of Mind Syndrome. Haihz....My five-weeks semester break started last Tuesday but luckily, I had many things to occupied my mind then (like, starting this blog) that I did not feel so restless like I am feeling now. The truth is, there are a lot of things I want to do but somehow, I just do not feel like doing them. Isn't it ironic? During my pre-exams weeks, I was constantly thinking of stuff that I can do during my holidays (instead of concentrating on my studies) and now, post-exams week pulak, I just cannot bring myself to do them.

~25/11/2007~

Accompanied Mom to have breakfast at Imbi Market in KL. I have not been there for a long time now. I used to go there every morning to have breakfast, back when I used to work at Reliance KL in Ampang, near KLCC. Nothing much has changed, except the prices. Honestly, everything is increasing its price now and I think it is absurd as the last I heard ONLY prices of flour has increased. Not only that, the percentage of increase is also equally ridiculous. A 10% increase in every bowl of noodles is much higher than the percentage increase of flour. People are just so opportunistic nowadays...

After breakfast, we looked around at the flea market there as Mom is still looking for her Red annual dinner outfit. And still, no luck finding any. So I listened to Mom complaining about the committee selecting such a difficult theme before we finally found one nice Red blouse. However, the man handling that stall was quite mean so we went ahead to another stall. This time, the lady was a friendly one (she wears really thick mascara!) but she did not have anything formal in Red. However, Mom did find a really cute brown-coloured loose-fitting blouse with pockets and a really pretty embroidery at the front. So she copped it.

As for yours truly, I did get something for myself. A pair of white shorts which caught my eyes as we were about to leave. Nothing really special about them but I quite like wearing shorts and this is my 3rd pair of shorts. Now I have one in black, brown and white.

RM 30

It occurs to me that lately, I have been buying clothes which are unsuitable for my classes (UKM dress code is no sleeveless and must be collared tees)...Haih...Am afraid I will only wear them a few times before giving them to me cousins.

Since Szu Kee has been doing some reading during her break, I think I should get started on my own reading list as well. There are a lot of books that I have abandoned and has never finish reading yet.

Most importantly, of course, is:

Yup. Lame,no? I bought this last installment just weeks after it was released but because of my mid-sems then, I only read a few chapters. After my mid-sems came the preparation for finals and then much later, my finals pulak. So now that my finals are over, I should probably complete what I have started.

For the past two weeks, I have went to Sungei Wang, Times Square, Mid Valley, Jusco Cheras Selatan, and One Utama. I think it is time to take a break (and my wallet can use a break too, lol). I just hoped that I don't waste too much of my time doing non-productive stuff. But then again, I am sometimes all talk and no action...*Sigh*


"We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present" - Thomas Edison

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance" - Derek Bok

"Carpe Diem. Make your life extraordinary" - Prof Keating, Dead Poets Society

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)