Sunday, June 07, 2009

sarawak act V (day 2): a china garden in kuching

I finally found a place that sells the “star-moon” necklace Junpyo gave Jandi in Boys Over Flowers. But so expensive at SGD 23.50…haih…

***************************

01

After Damai beach, we went to have dinner…MC ordered special dishes like the vegetable “milin” for us.

02

Along the road, we spotted a lit-up hornbill. I guess, besides cats, hornbills are also famously used for monuments here. Sarawak Bumi Kenyalang…is that correct?

#6: FRIENDSHIP PARK

03

Lelia brought us to Friendship Park at night.

DAY 2 (KUCHING)4 This is the center of what appears to be a defunct fountain.

DAY 2 (KUCHING)5Having fun with Geography. Us from many different states.

0407

Taking pics nearby, the statue and the fountain. Too bad Laksamana Cheng Ho is much more visible only in the lower part of his body…cannot see his face and head.

05 08

A slightly clearer shot of the great man himself and me, introducing the Cheng Ho history. I didn’t read it, actually.

06NL, trying to be closer to Cheng Ho.

09 My roommates, in an attempt to show some love, did a distorted heart. I had to make it black-and-white so the heart looks more obvious, otherwise cannot really see the shape. Hehe.

10

Fountains! The thing with night shots, I am still struggling, is the fact that when I use flash, the people is visible, but not the background. As in this photo, the pretty fountains are completely lost but the five of us are as bright as day.

11 The little house on the prairie. Or more like, the house on the water. Reminds me of Shanghai.

12 My Mom would love to be here with the other ladies rockin’ to line dancing. Suzane called them “aunties” so loud and clear, I was afraid we will get beaten up…and we will definitely LOSE, judging from the numbers.

13 DAY 2 (KUCHING)6

Lots of photos of the oriental garden. This place really reminds me of China, especially those trees.

15 16

The huge Chinese gateway…love the colours and the intricate details but not able to capture it photographically.

#7: BOULEVARD.

We made a short detour to Boulevard Shopping Mall but didn’t get to see much because it was near closing time.

17DAY 2 (KUCHING)7

Boulevard is decorated for the upcoming Hari Gawai celebrations, not something we see much, here in West Malaysia.

In fact, every time I go to a shop here, the workers are always Bumi people. The first time I saw Bumis in UKM, I thought they were Malays. What to do? You don’t see many Bumis here in West Malaysia, so a little ignorant.

clip_image001

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)