Sunday, June 07, 2009

sarawak act VII (day 3): hokkien garden, south city hall and seafood for dinner

Now that I am working, it feels like holidays are passing ever so fast…I am so going to miss my holidays and breaks now…

************************

In the previous post, I forgot to mentioned that during lunch, we spotted the 2nd UKM group. This time is the group comprising of 2nd years from Speech Therapy and Audiology. One of their tour guides is none other than my other coursemate, Stephanie. Everyone is busy in Kuching. Haha.

Another day, another “ais kacang”. Yup, haha. We have “ais kacang” everyday here in Kuching.

DAY 3 (KUCHING)6

Hot day plus tiredness, so having cool refreshments to keep the momentum going.

#11: HOCKIEN GARDEN

A short distance away is the Hockien Garden. Each hut in this garden is named after a dialect group, i.e. Hokkien, Hakka, Hainan, and etc. But it is all written in Chinese so I cannot differentiate them. Lol.

17

At the entrance to Hockien Garden – Hockien Garden is another really pretty place with lots Chinese-inspired design influences here.

15

On the roof of every little hut are beautiful painting

14Group photo at one of the little huts.

DAY 3 (KUCHING)7

More Chinese zodiac animals – we have rabbits, dragons and snakes plus one lone tiger who didn’t want to take photos, and four piggies. Also present is a cat. Haha. To represent Kuching.

16 19

The entrance to the garden is really beautiful.

18

After that, we walked to Kuching South City Hall (we went to the North one on the first day). Along the way, I spotted this cute version of gods in a restaurant.

#12: KUCHING SOUTH CITY HALL

22

All the buildings here always have some unique modern architecture, I noticed.

2021

The photo looks nicer with me or without me?

23

BB and me posing with another cat monument. Haha. I also commented that BB dressed to match the colours of the City Hall.

24 Inside the hall is a museum displaying history of Kuching. Lots of old photographs and displays such as these – the trishaw.

25 The All-Pinks – Ngiik Ling, Janice and Mei Chen.

26 Oh no, I got caught stealing food from the uncle!

27 Ah Wei and myself embracing the Kuching spirit with meow meow poses.

28

Outside the hall is a garden, where we took the opportunity for another group shot.

DAY 3 (KUCHING)8Many more photos taken here, both inside the hall and outside in the garden. I especially like seeing the miniature building displays.

************************

That day, I did not follow the rest of my housemates back to Somerset. Ah Wei and I had earlier planned to stay overnight at Janice’s house.

Her parents are really friendly and nice. They even treated us a seafood dinner.

30

The place was in front of Somerset. Lol. What coincidence right? Here, they let us picked out what stuff we want to eat, passed it to the person and they will fried it for you.

29Besides the buffet-like seafood assortment, Janice’s parents also ordered crabs for us. It has been ages since I last had crab. Vey delicious.

31 32

Ah Wei and I posing along the numerous seafood stalls in the food court precinct.

DAY 3 (KUCHING)9

Various fresh seafood here – fishes, crabs, prawns, lobsters, etc. In the middle is our cooked crab dish.

**********end of day 3*********to be continued********

clip_image001

2 comments:

Suzane Mah said...

pic comment:of course without you haha

FIFIONA said...

go die lar u...hehehe

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)