Sunday, June 14, 2009

sarawak act VIII (day 4): one day in sibu, sarawak

On the 4th day, I packed all my stuff and went to the airport with Wei2 and her bf. I was to meet the others for our flight to Sibu.

IMG_1066 A group photo of our wonderful hosts in Kuching…from L-R, Lelia’s mother, Lelia, Ngiik Ling, Mei Chen, Beng Beng, Fiona, Suzane, Wei Wei and Wei2’s bf, Jong.

DAY 4 (SIBU)

Aboard the short flight from Kuching to Sibu. Only took about half an hour to reach Sibu. BB and I sat together whilst the Biomeds sat in the other side.

01

“Welcome to Sibu!” We finally arrived!!!

02 03

NL’s father came to picked us up and we went straight to NL’s house where her mother had cooked a scrumptious lunch for us. There were milin, duck, pork ribs (yummylicious) and something rubbery (I dunno what was that).

DAY 4 (SIBU)1

A look at NL’s house – the huge satellite dish (parabo), our lunch and NL’s dogs. Haha. She got four!

04 05

After that, NL became our tour guide slash driver, bringing us on a city tour with her 4WD. First spot: City monuments. The clear blue blue sky makes an amazing photogenic background.

06 07

The clouds are beautiful; If Kuching is famous for cats, in Sibu, they are known for swans.

08 09

At the jetty…the water really is the colour of “teh tarik”. I think it is polluted because of the industrial areas.

#13: SIBU TEMPLE / CHIANG CHUAN GARDEN

What I like about taking photographs in temples is the amazing colours…

15

The pagoda with pretty designs.

10 11

The temple from outside view.

12 13

Me with the temple; and the little tree-house

17 16

The tall tall tiered pagoda and the entrance gate.

18 14

Suz M and me at the garden; and me with the sculpture on the wall.

DAY 4 (SIBU)2

More photos taken at the temple.

#14: SIBU GATE / SWAN MONUMENTS

19 20

Here we are at “Pintu Gerbang Sibu”. This gate is literally, right in the middle of the city with the roads and cars and buildings surrounding it.

21 22

Us photo-taking …like the photo on the right, taken using mirrors on the roof.

DAY 4 (SIBU)3

Just across the Sibu gateway, are lots of swan monuments, as well as more zodiac statues.

23

NL brought us to the old ferry jetty that has become deserted ever since the bridge has been built.

After that, we went to visit my coursemate, Mei Chieng, who also lives in Sibu. I finally had the chance to meet her niece, QiQi, who is so so so adorable. I did not take any pictures of her niece because I was scared I will make her cry. I think QiQi was kind of scared to suddenly see so many strangers in her house after waking up from her afternoon nap.

a1 a2

In NL’s room, we finally found out what a big S.H.E. fan she really is. She has a whole collection of S.H.E.’s cds…from the very first one to the latest!!! Yes, we cannot resist taking photos with the collection.

Dinner was a treat from NL’s family. Her mom and dad, as well as her two younger brothers, plus us…had dinner at a fancy Chinese restaurant where we ate to our hearts’ content.

a3 a4

For supper, NL was so kind to bring me to SUGARBUN. I have never seen this fast food outlet here in KL before. I have heard about Sugarbun from Wei2 and Janice so I wanted to try it. The place is not bad, but more Eastern than other Western fast food outlets.

a5

And then we got home to see satay and pineapples awaiting for us. Yes, can anyone guess why I put on weight when in Sarawak? Food is definitely aplenty thanks to my great hosts.

-definitely to be continued-

clip_image001

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)