Sunday, June 21, 2009

sarawak act X (day 6): dragon pillars, dim sum and hello, petronas!

And so, we have reached Day 6, spend in Miri, with our tour guide slash driver, Mei Chen

#18: CHINESE TEMPLE IN MIRI

Our first destination that morning is to the temple, where I put my camera to work, hoping to capture some amazing colours of the temple. But of course, at the temple, I also got pray-pray lar, hoping to do better in my studies.

004 006

The trio including moi, the temple and Kuan Yin statue in the background.

003

So, after much effort, this is my favourite shot of all. I took it from an awkward angle, hoping to see the dragon pillar from a different perspective.http://www.emocutez.com

DAY 6 (MIRI)

A compilation of the numerous photos taken.

#19: PETRONAS CARIGALI

Haha, on our way to somewhere (I forgot where already), Suzane saw this huge Petronas building. So MC stopped the car by the side of the road, and we got out to take photos. Haih…the things we do for photographs.

005 007

#20: CURTIN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY

If in Kuching, we visited UNIMAS, here in Miri, we visited Curtin University.

This place was actually one of my choices back then, if I did not get Pharmacy. I was planning to do Chemical Engineering here. But luckily, I managed to get the course of my choice. Not that Chemical Engineering is bad, no offense k?

008 009

DAY 6 (MIRI)1

After the long drive to Curtin, we had lunch at a delicious Dim Sum restaurant that was so jam-packed with people. MC really know where to go, haha.

The Dim Sum is really great here, big and delicious. We also had curry laksa and kolo mee here.

001 002

Two of my favourite photos taken during lunch. First is our wonderful lunch, second is a tree which was blooming, taken on the way to MC’s car.

#21: PETROLEUM MUSEUM

http://www.emocutez.comOne of the places that I had a lot of fun is here, in this interactive museum. It is something like Petrosains at KLCC, but on a much smaller scale, and the emphasis is more about petroleum – its history, manufacturing process, applications, etc.
010 011

The museum is situated on top of a hill so we got a bird eye’s view of Miri City down below.

I dunno why I looked so shy in the 2nd photo, looks like I am scared of MC only. LOL.

012 024

This huge oil tower is named “The Grand Old Lady”. I think it is one of the earliest towers built. The man in blue is MC’s father, who so kindly drove us to the museum because MC was not sure of the directions.

013

Below the oil tower, there are statues of workers, hard at work. Lol.

014

At the entrance to the museum. The admission is free, btw.

025 016

Many things to look at.

015 020

They have lots of cute murals and interactive demostrations.

017

For once, BB is the driver and I am the passenger.

018 019

The two sides of the same mural.

022

The exhibition of the various products that are petroleum-based. Love how the colours pop here.

023 021

Enjoying ourselves but did not bother to read the info on the walls. Haha.

DAY 6 (MIRI)2

Collage of all the photos taken at the museum. Check out Suzane, the car model wannabe....http://www.emocutez.com.

the end is fast approaching…http://www.emocutez.com

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)