Friday, June 06, 2008

dance dance revolution

Ugh...holidays are about to end...so soon! I am so not looking forward to going back and mounting up all the stress again. *Sigh* I guess all good things must come to an end, as incredulous as I am. Results are also out on the 18th. Time to see if I sink or swim.
From belinda chee's blog: "If you look at what you do not have in life, you don't have anything. If you look at what you have in life, you have everything."
_______________________________________
My latest guilty pleasure of reality tv shows is none other than "Dancing With The Stars."

Helio and Julianne dancing the quickstep

I know. I am so not even a fan of reality tv (well, except American Idol, but that is an exception because I only watched it when they actually had great talent worth watching, like the latest season. It helps also they had gorgeous looking guys.lol)

Currently, BBC Entertainment (Channel 731) is showing Season 5 of DWTS, which sadly, is old news because in the US, they already crowned the winner of DWTS 6 a few weeks ago.

But if you do not care about who will win the competition (spoken when one already knows the winner) and just enjoyed the performances from these amateur entertainment has-beens (and some not so famous ones), I can assured you this show is highly addictive.

I am serious. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much and to think it was me mom who coerced me into watching it at first. Well, technically, we only have one TV at home and obviously, the mom's words are the majesty's words.



Mel B and Maksim doing the paso doble

Well, it's tonnes better than that crapshit "So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia?" If the first episode is anything to go by, it totally sucks. The host, Aishah Sinclair, not only looks like her hair was caught in a tornado and her clothes bought from some auntie flea market but her commentary skills were awful. I hope this is just a first time glitch because I do like her, but honey, you really did a ludicrous job. It was obvious you did not take your job seriously and did not give a damn trying to memorise the script. All throughthe night, she was fumbling her words, looking at the cards the whole time and basically, just annoyed the hell out of me.

And don't get me started on the judges. Oh gawd, I wonder how much time their brain need before it starts functioning? I could pulled all my hair out just waiting for them to even start talking. If you even understood what judge Ramli Ibrahim said, you are a loser or some alien from outer space. Because obviously, he is a female-version of Paula Abdul, only older, less charming and worser dress sense. And I think there is an unspoken rule that the more crapshit stuff (disguised as comments) that you talked, the smarter you look. Yeah, like hell.

The dancers...ugh! You know what? Malaysia is always so sensitive and narrow-minded. What happen to the chemistry dancing partners are supposed to have for each other? It is just a dance, for goodness sake! Just act it out-lah, nobody expect you to actually fall in love with your partner or call you a slut if you act all intimate. I swear, that gal Viv's tango - like 2 broomsticks dancing. No wait, 2 broomsticks dance would actually be more interesting. I think I would rather hang myself than to watch that horrible dance again.



Jennie and Derek dancing to the mambo

I really hope all the contestants will buck up. I will "forgive" them since it is just only the beginning.

Otherwise, the new title should be "So You Think You Can Dance In Hell?"

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)