Friday, June 13, 2008

it's friday the 13th

And it's also Mr.KKL's 21st birthday!

_________________________________________________

Since it's Friday the 13th, I feel obliged to post something here. Ha-ha. But since not much happening lately, so have to just bear with me as I post something totally random. Lol.

So how am I spending my hols? Of course, with full-force indulgence! Sleeping, reading, internet surfing, music and watching the greatest invention ever - the television... (J.L. Baird is my hero!)

1) the Music addict

Well, more like DavidCook's music addict, although I think DavidArchuleta's version of "Imagine" (originally by John Lennon) is near-perfection (a must-listen!).

Anyways, the more I listen to this song, "The World I Know", the more I am in lurve with it. No wonder DavidCook was so eager to sing this song for the finale. I also heard the original version by Collective Soul but it does not even come close to DavidCook's version, which is just simple and sweet. Lovely.


The World I Know

Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all the kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I dont know why
Are we listening to hyms of offering?
Have we eyes to see that love is gathering?
All the words that I've been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding into one
So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
As the years roll down.
Cause it's the world I know
-It's the world I know-

2) the TV addict

I am seriously one heck of a TV addict. I practically memorized all the TV shows guide everyday. Lol. I know, pathetic yes. But lately, there is this one show that captivated my interest. I first saw them on "Oprah", where they came on for an interview. After that, I gave their show a shot and found it absolutely interesting.

The show is none other than "Jon and Kate Plus 8", now currently showing on Channel 733. And omg, those kids are so so so precious. Cutie-pies:)

It tells about this couple, Jon and Kate, who, through artificial insemination, got themselves a pair of twins and sextuplets!

I know, sextuplets! Alexis, Leah, Hannah, Joel, Aaden and Collin. And they are so freakin' precious ok? Cute would be a trite thing to say.

Being an only child, I cannot imagine myself being 1/6 of sextuplets. But isn't it kinda cool though, when you go to school? Having 5 of your siblings in the same year as yourself? Lol. A bit kesian-lor, to see the mother. Those kids so naughty and hyperactive...just like children, I guess.

3) the Quotes addict

I first fell in lurve woth quotes early on in Form 6, because my then English teacher, Pn Jaya K., recommended we include quotes in our essays. So being the "dilligent" student I was back then (*rolls eyes*), I did some research into looking up on quotes and the more quotes I found, the more fascinated I become of them. And it's not just quotes by famous people and important literary figures. Even simple quotes from TV shows and chick lit books are also, I found, a very fervent thing to me.

So recently, I found this site on quotes from gossip girl. Okay, I know, this is kinda unconventional but when I read them, I must really applaud the writers on the show for all these catchy phrases. Seriously, I think people don't give writers enough credit, y'know.

This is my fave:

Blair: Chuck Bass is a romantic. Who knew?
Chuck: Now you know. And that is all that matters.

Awww...actually the reason Iike this is coz I like the pair of Blair & Chuck. Lol.

Blair: (to Georgina) Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.

Ha-ha. So straightforward and direct. I like.

well, I guess that is all...a totally random post. now excuse me as I am going to curl up on my sofa, listen to davidcook and read the chronicles of a gal who is almost turning 30, whose boyfriend cheated on her with her longtime friend, and then she sleeps with his best friend. Lol.

P.S....:P

4) the Crap addict

HoNg HoNg says:
promote la anything about me
HoNg HoNg says:
good geh
HoNg HoNg says:
bad geh
HoNg HoNg says:
watever also can
HoNg HoNg says:
as long as my name is there

I present to you - the voice of a desperate man. Since I am such a responsible blogger (*ahem*), I feel inclined not to present any false information regarding promotions or advertisements in this blog so I just let you to draw your own conclusion from the above msn conversation.

P.S.S Chu, i am waiting for my advertising fees:P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my zhu is so adorable la. fiona you sure you don't wana date him?

FIFIONA said...

yes, i will date him when...

the moon is made out of green cheese...

the cats start to grow horns...

the pigs start to fly...

and I get a brand-new ferrari for my bday...

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)