Sunday, September 21, 2008

love is crap

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen - Francois due de La Rochefoucauld
______________________________

I found this excerpt from a senior's blog. Rather not give names bcoz I don't want to get into anyone's bad books, especially a senior's. And no, the link is not from my blog. I got it from a friend's blog bcoz I am not close to this senior at all.

I would let it go but I just have to give my two cents worth when I read this on her blog:
"What if the one I found later is not THE ONE? This really scares me. I don't want to be with the one, I want THE ONE! I want to be with THE ONE who loves me and only me and me love him and only him. I don't want to be with someone just because the TIMING is right."
Is it just me or really, everyone is such a fool for love? What is it about this looking for "the one" and all this crap. This is why I don't addict myself to Taiwan and Korean dramas anymore. I used to enjoy them but after a while, the storyline becomes so predictable and corny. I am not condemning anyone who watches them, don't get me wrong. I have a LOT of friends who do. I just don't get it why people still live in fantasyland and believe in all this "the one" crap.

Maybe it's because of the environment I grew up in. You know, having divorced parents and my not-so-good record with guys but the thing is, I believe in the theory that you have to kissed a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

I resent those who hang on to a relationship which is on the verge of breaking. That everyone can see that it is heading towards disaster, except those involved in it. And they stay on. Why? Just because they are afraid of being alone. Do you know most couples break up really because they have found someone better? So even if he/she breaks up with his/her current squeeze, at least they have another to fall to, instead of being alone.

Now I want to ask, "Is it so freakin' bad to be alone? Is it like an embarassing and unspeakable disgrace if you are alone, without a boyfriend/girlfriend? Is it like the worst thing that can ever happened to you?" Please-lah.

I would rather choose to be alone than to keep hanging on in an unhappy relationship.

And really, what does it mean to find "the one"? Honey, sometimes in life, you don't always get what you want. Live with it. Dramas, movies, books, they all trick us vulnerable hormone-raging young adults into believing about "the one" just so they can gain profits and fame.

I am really not trying to be the party-pooper here but I think there should be a change of mindset, especially as we mature into young adults. Why do we play the roles of slave to love? And resent ourselves when we do not find a person to be with?

I admire not the people who found their other halves, but those who survived without finding anyone. It is not easy to go through what they went through and instead of feeling pity for them, maybe we can all learn something from these people.

One of it is indepence. Even if you are in a relationship, stop relying so much on your boyfriend ok? I cannot stand those girls who treat their boyfriends like their sugar daddies. They are your boyfriend, not your father. It should be a give-and-take situation, not one-sided. Stop being so freakin' useless just because you found love.

I realized I sound very irritated here but I just think someone should speak up about how our society of young people are so desperate when it comes to love. And our fear of being alone. Look around you. You are not alone. If you have just broken up or resent yourself for still being single, it is not the end of the world. There is so much more in life than finding "the one".

Please, just grow up already.

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)