Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sabah #1: from kota kinabalu to kundasang

On July 6th, not too long ago, I went to Sabah, together with "7 dwarves", a group of Pharmacy friends that I always hang out with in UKM. We called ourselves that because there are 7 of us and yes, we are all quite the same height =P

Because I was the only one from KL, I had to fly on my own to KK. Although I traveled to places before, but believe it or not, this is the first time I am flying solo. To add to that, there were no cheaper flights so I had to reach KK one day before the rest of them flew in from Sarawak. Yes, 5 of them were visiting both Sabah and Sarawak but since myself and also Wei Wei had been to Kuching before, we decided to just join the others in KK. 

I was supposed to live in my coursemate Ai Li's house but since she was not in KK yet, I stayed for one night at Suzane's house. Yes, my former roommate is also from KK but now she is residing in KL since she is working here. Because of me, she took few days leave and go back to KK, but her flight arrived later than mine. Gomawo, Suzane =)

The next day, I had the chance to meet Suzane's family - her mom, her sis, her bro, and of course, her little niece. All of them were really friendly and nice, haha, just like her. After her family left for work, Suzane drove myself and her niece for lunch. 

-DAY 1-
Suzane's niece, Little Xin Yu who is just so adorable
Suzane's new phone - it's an imitation iPhone her sis got for her
The first place we went to is the Aquarium at Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)


After lunch, Suzane drove me to #Aquarium @UMS to joined the rest who arrived from Kuching. She then dropped me at #Yayasan Sabah building before leaving for home. Together with the other dwarves, I went to #Floating Mosque before finally shopping and having dinner at #One Borneo shopping mall, the largest in Sabah.

The tallest building in Sabah
Reminds me of Kenyir Lake
Dinner at Nyonya House

-DAY 2-

Early next morning, our driver came to pick us up for breakfast. We were going to Kundasang, a town near Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Malaysia. We were not going to climb the mountain but will be enjoying the cool air at areas around the foot of the mountain.

Because it was a 3 hours journey, we hired a driver to take us there, who will also take us to the attractions in Kundasang as well as Kudat. Our driver, Uncle Phan, is an elderly gentleman who is an experienced and chatty driver. Lol.

Breakfast @Foo Phing Dim Sum

The peak of Mount Kinabalu surrounded by clouds

(L-R): Janice, Jane (Mei Chieng), Carolyn (Jia Ying), Sherlyn (Tze Im), myself, Clara (Wei Wei) and Carolyn (Ai Li)

This is my favourite shot of all the sceneries I took

Observation deck at Kundasang town

Kinabalu Park where we spotted squirrels

This is the trail that would be taken by those pursuing the climb to the highest peak in Malaysia

At a tourist centre / lodge / restaurant
Rafflesia, the biggest flower in Malaysia. We had to pay admission fee to see it.

Happy to finally see it!

"Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints"

At Poring Hot Springs, there are many things to do - hike to see the waterfalls,

or soaked your feet in the hot spring water

You can also pay to visit the canopy walkway or swim in the pool

When we went to the Fish Spa, this is not what we expected. The fish were humongous and it was supposed to bite our feet?

Nevertheless, we still ventured in although it was scary at first...

All photos taken using 
Iphone 4 and Canon Ixus 220HS; 
edited using Photoscape

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)