Wednesday, July 20, 2011

sabah#4: last days at kota kinabalu

-DAY 5-

This is my last post on Graduation Trip V (V as in roman number 5 wtf). Yes I have been keeping count of my frequent traveling this holidays. Four out of five of these trips required me to fly, which I am quite happy to do. I am bad when it comes to long distance ride on buses or trains, cars are still acceptable. 

Anyway, on our last day, we spend a long time in Sabah Museum and then shopped for a while in Filipino Market and another where Ai Li's mother works in. Finally, we ended our trip by the beach and having dinner at Tanjung Aru Beach. Oh, and one more place - Perdana Park, where we went after dinner to watch the fountain show. However, unfortunately, there were maintenance works so no show for us T.T 


There are exhibitions both inside the museum and outside. No photos allowed inside.


Outside, there were lots of train and railway tracks replica, which I think were great photography places







You can cross the hanging bridge to reach Heritage Village, which consisted of traditional houses belonging to different tribes in Sabah, much similar to Damai Cultural Village in Sarawak




Having fun taking photos here =)


Enjoying the science exhibition


Miss Director? Not! wtf.


Exhibition on vintage automobiles. Doesn't this remind you of Mr. Bean?


Shopping for snacks and food souvenirs


Sunset at Tanjung Aru Beach


Wanted to do a nice background shoot but my camera's battery ran out and I had to use my iPhone, which did not capture the light as well as I wanted it to


I kinda ordered the girls to do the jumpshots in the water against the sunset as the backdrop because I wanted to capture the jumping silhouette



We had our last dinner before both Wei Wei and Mei Chieng had to catch their flight back to Sibu the next morning


Stuff I bought: Red bag, Cotton On skirt (yes, I realized there are Cotton On outlets in KL too, but their sales items always sold out my size T.T), vintage gramophone record and stamps (from Gaya Street), traditional beaded anklet, and various KK specialty snacks

-DAY 6-we go home day-


Ai Li baybeh and her "baby" aka Chucky's little sister (as quoted from Suzane Mah)

Initially, all our flights home were around the same time. However, everyone's flights were rescheduled except mine. So I had to watch everyone leaving on their jetplane...because my flight was the latest at 5pm. Luckily, Ai Li accompanied me until my check-in time. 


Finally, a last photo to shared. Funny isn't it? Saw this in a shop at KK Airport.

-THE END-

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)