Saturday, July 02, 2011

kenyir lake story 2

-day 3-

Lasir Waterfalls where we docked for the night
On day 3, we made a long journey from Lasir Waterfalls to the National Park and the caves. It was a really long journey because we only arrived there after lunch. So to fill in the time, we played games. "Twister" was one of them. 

Head-to-head
The game was really funny, especially considering the guys were going all for it, attacking and blocking their opponents. I could die laughing watching them play. I am not so good in it considering I have no flexibility at all in any ounce of my body. But it was still so much fun watching them play.

The lengths he will go to capture a shot

Another houseboat that we passed by
Tsu Wern and me both brought the same book to Kenyir!!
Sometime after lunch, we finally arrived at Bewah Caves. This cave was at higher grounds so we had to climb some really steep stairs to reach there.

The entrance to Bewah cave
The interior of the cave was super dark and thankfully, although I did not bring any torchlights, the others did. But my iPhone was not able to capture any shots inside since it was really dark. Besides the stalagmites and stalactites, there were a lot of nocturnal creatures - bats, spiders, even cockroaches!

Taken on the boat. The view of the cave from far.
We then went to another cave, this one is named, "Taat Cave". Unlike Bewah, Taat is an underground cave, meaning it can get submerged when the tide is high. To reach there, we had to go by boat.


There were less creatures in here, probably because of the water. But the bats still occupy this cave, high above us. It was kind of scary as we have to duck to avoid being collided with any bats wtf.

-day 4-

The place that we docked for the night - this was taken when I just woke up, around 7am
The night before, there was a huge storm and our boat actually hit one of those trunks there
On our last day, we headed back to Pengkalan Gawi, where we waited for our boat on the 1st day. It was a super long journey and we occupied the time by more games. I learned how to play, "Monopoly Deals" cards game but I am not good in it because I did not win wtf.

Everyone concentrating hard and immersed in the game
Ben was the explorer here, equipped with camera, map and compass. I asked him to teach me how to read a compass since I was never good in Geography. And then I told him I had a compass too wtf.

Iphone compass vs. magnetic compass
One more last post to go =)

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)