Wednesday, May 14, 2008

m is for mom

I am officially grounding myself at home because every time I go out, I end up buying something and spending so much money. Heard that inflation has increased this month. Prepared a reading list for myself this holidays to kill the boredom.
1) Sweetheart From Hell, 2) Tuesdays with Morrie, 3) To Kill A Mockingbird,
4) Maybe should start studying for next sem? Hmmm...
__________________________________________________________________

11/05/08~

This is a belated Mother's Day post.

Every year, I treat Mom for lunch/dinner at a restaurant of her choice. This time Mom picked this place:

She saw it in an article and the place is also relatively new. It is at Mid Valley, btw. Took us about half an hour just to find this restaurant.

Just goes to show we don't go enough to Mid Valley. Lol. Finally we found the place, it's at G-015, if I remembered correctly, just next to the SEED cafe.

The interior of the place looks prety cosy-like, with big comfy red chairs and they even have a bar too. And what else? A chocolate fountain! Yup, I think they were having this chocolate buffet.

But we did not indulge in chocolate. It was Mother's Day and we ordered ala carte.

For appetizer, we had soup - 4 kinds of soup, to be exact. Mushroom, broccoli, pumpkin and onion. They came in these cute glasses with straws. The waiter recommended this dish for us, so we can try all the flavours. Of coz, one can always ordered just one flavour.

That's me Mom, btw, checking out the menu.

I had the Thai Green Curry Seafood Spaghetti. Lots of seafood in there but the curry was not spicy enough for me. So I find it a little bland.

Mom had the rossi (me thinks it's French), which is a pancake-like layer of potato. It was not salty enough though but I think it tasted better than mine. Esp if one eats it with the mayonaise. The sausages tasted really good.


For dessert, I had the ice-cream sundae. We were both really full after our meals but I just had this dessert fetish. I didn't believe it, but I finished the whole sundae myself. It was so yummylicious. 2 scoops of ice-cream, 2 wafer biscuits and lots of fruits. Too hard to resist.

After that, we did some shopping. Mom copped a blouse from MNG and me from Diesel.

And that sums up this year's Mother's Day. Still thinking about that heavenly chocolate fountain though.....^o^

No comments:

Labels

AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYTHING HERE IN THIS BLOG IS AN OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THAT BELONGS TO MISS FIONA TONG SO DON'T RIP, LOSER.
(unless you ask ms blogger first)